Writing your thesis proves, that you have successfully finished your basic education, you are able to understand and analyze scholarly works and you became a critical, logical thinker. Take into consideration your efficiency, your daily routine when you calculate the time of writing, in order to:
- enjoy writing, avoid stress
- find your topic’s expert authors, find high-level scholarly works and unanswered questions
- not just shuffle through this task but create a thesis you can be proud of, you could use it for future reference
- let enough time to check it, to correct mistakes and to inbuild new ideas.
How much time do you need to write a thesis?
Writing period in itself is not so long, but preparing (collecting literature, research, consultations) might take months. To complete a thesis you might need less time (some weeks), but:
- it depends on your topic and science area,
- your notes, documents have to be well-organized, easily accessible,
- you need to know your topic keywords and experts of the field, need to have a global insight of your topic’s literature and as a start, you have to create a well-structured draft,
- you have to be aware of formal requirements,
- you need experience in writing professional texts. It is fine if you rewrite the first version several times to clarify and refine it.