First steps in the Library (for Freshmen)
To visit the reading halls and to borrow documents, you will need a library card which you can obtain at the Library, free of charge.
The Library supports your academic success by providing literature, study spaces and various training sessions.
Use the Library’s services anytime.
You can access e-books, journals and online resources anytime even without your library card – by connecting to the VPN. You can also access several databases with EduID.
To visit the reading rooms and to borrow books, you will need your library card which you can obtain in person at the Library. You will receive your first library card free of charge. Take good care of it, you have to pay 1000 HUF if you lose it.
When you return your borrowed books, you can drop them into the container near the Library’s entrance even outside the opening hours.
You can access the Library’s services even from your home via VPN and/or EduID, you can use the SuperSearch too. If you want to borrow books, find the place of the books in the catalogue or in SuperSearch (e.g. Business Economics reading room). You can borrow books marked white. Use the self-service check-in stations. Your PIN code is your birth month+your birth day (e.g. 0321). You can change it on the catalogue’s surface. Please check all manuals and our selection of training sessions on our Writing Center site.
Do you have a question? We are here to help. Ask us, send a message to the Library (email@example.com) or drop us a chat line.
Why is the library important?
- The library sources contain selected, high-standard literature, they will help you produce better papers. Start collecting your sources at the Library.
- You can access textbooks in electronic format, or you can borrow them in print as well.
- In the Library you can fully focus on your studies in a silent, comfortable environment.
- The group study rooms and the lecture room are great locations for common studies and project work too.
- In the social spaces you can meet your friends.