How do I prepare for the final examin Applied Economics?
The final exam of the AppliedEconomics program consists of the defense of the thesis.
What do I need for the defense?
• For thedefense, a presentation is required.• Thepresentation should be up to 10 minutes long.• Thepresentation contains the essential elements of the dissertation (it is worthpracticing at home to fit the presentation into the 10 minutes). • The presentation should answerthe following questions:
(1) what was the question asked in the thesis,(2) why I thought this topic was worth addressing,(3) what result I obtained, and(4) how I came to this result.
That is, it is NOT necessary to review the WHOLE thesis.
• For students who will participateto the exam personally, it is also worth preparing for “emergencies” if atechnical problem arises and make the presentation available on more than onedevice (in addition to a flash drive, from your own email, from a cloud, etc.).• Students who will participate inthe exam online through TEAMS will have to share their screen with the committeeduring their presentation (it’s worth lookingup how screen share works in Teams to avoid problems in the exam).
General information on the safety measures for students participating in the final exam requiring personal appearance
Please consider the following:
· All students are allowed to enter the universitybuilding only in masks and are required to wear the mask for the entireduration of their stay in the building.
· If possible, students should arrive no more than 30minutes before the designated exam time, because only this way can we provide themwith safe waiting areas where they can keep the appropriate protection distance.
· Each examination room will have a designatedwaiting room where students must stay before their turn (until they are calledfor the examination). Students can go in front of the examination room amaximum of 5 minutes before their exam turn, until then they must stay in the designatedwaiting room.
· After completing the exam, students are required toleave the building as soon as possible, but no later than within 15 minutes. Ifthey cannot leave the building within this time they are required to wait in thedesignated waiting area.
We wish our students good preparation and a successful exam!