CIHES Working Paper No.9.
‘Hungarian Higher Education 2011’
National issues – international trends
Editors: József Berács, Ildikó Hrubos, József Temesi
At the beginning of the 21st century it became obvious that higher education has to reformulate its mission to be accepted by the stakeholders with new expectations. New types of collaboration are needed to involve all interested parties. Higher education has to be transparent and diverse to meet the complex needs of the society. The Center for International Higher Education Studies discussed these topics in three sections of the conference entitled “National debates – international trends” on 25 January, 2012.
The first section dealt with the topic of funding higher education. Solutions for financing the sector properly can contribute to providing efficient higher education services. The main topic of the second section was the diversification of the institutional mission statements, discussing national and international tendencies. The issue of internationalization has got relatively less attention on the strategic documents of higher education; however, it has to be a point of departure to get better positions in the global academic and research competition. The third session focused on internationalization of higher education.
I. Higher education funding
- Temesi, J.: Strategic issues in higher education funding
- Jávor, A.: Need for the fine-tuning of funding
- Varga, J.: The relationship between higher education and the labor market
- Gárdos, Cs.: Fiscal control in Hungary, 2010 – 2012
II.The missions of higher education institutions
- Hrubos, I.: Institutional missions, types of institutions in higher education
- Bódis, J.: The Hungarian Rectors’ Conference and the legislation
- Liptai, K.: Thoughts about the opportunities of a college within and beyond the borders
- Berács, J.: Internationalisation: a possible breakthrough point in higher education
- Hatos, P.: International mobility strategies and approaches, bases of the Campus Hungary program
- Fábián, I.: International challenges and opportunities in the Hungarian higher education
- Rozsnyai, K.: Quality assurance of higher education in Europe – the quality assurance and the internationalization
The publication can be downloaded (in Hungarian) here.
The conference and the working paper was supported by the project: TÁMOP-4.2.1/B-09/1/KMR-2010-0005 project (R + D + I subproject).