CIHES Working Paper No.7.
Professional Teacher Training: Past – Present – Future
Editors: Ildikó Hrubos, Éva Pfister
The Center for Higher Education Studies, Corvinus University of Budapest, in cooperation with the Association of Teacher Trainers, organized a conference for the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the foundation of the Economics Professional Teacher Training Institute. Based on a historical review the conference intended to contribute to the better understanding of the current problems of economics teacher training, therefore the content of the training and the system of the training, the questions of decreasing student population and the prestige of this career were in the centre of attention. The lectures published in this volume represent a broad spectrum of issues, from the professional and education-policy approaches which represent centers of gravity in the development of teacher training that change with time, trough the new projects built on the model of network cooperation and learning, to the primary turning points of economics teacher training which has been provided for the past 25 years by the Corvinus University of Budapest (and its legal predecessors).
- Pfister, É.: Memories of the Economic Special Teacher Training Institute’s history (1936-1948)
- Benedek, A., & Szabóné Berki, É.: Professional teacher training – traditions and new impulses
- Horn, M.: Past, present and future in the teacher of economics training
- Rádli, K.: Professional teacher training and education policy
- Pfister, É.: Teacher training in economics at the Corvinus University of Budapest: is there a future?
- Kerékgyártó, Gy.: Considerations of the professional teacher training institutions and the employers
The publication can be downloaded (in Hungarian) here.
The conference and the working paper was supported by the Association of Teachers.