The Senate is one of the leadingbodies of the University, with 27 members. Its President is the Rector.
The ex officio members of theSenate are: the Rector, the Chancellor, the Vice-Rectors, the Deans, and the Headof the Corvinus Doctoral Council. It also has elected and delegated members.
Area of responsibility:
- Determines the educational andresearch tasks of the University, by hearing and discussing the Vice-Rectors’annual report supervises their implementation.
- Reviews the Rules of Organizationand Operation, the Institutional Development plan and all institutionalstrategies.
- Consolidates the educationalprogrammes.
- In agreement with thePresidential Committee decides upon commencing, terminating educationalprogrammes, or initiating such action toward those concerned according to thefollowing:
- In agreement with thePresidential Committee, decides upon opening and closing a doctoral school.
- Proposes content for the callfor applications for Rector’s scholarships, assesses such applications.
- Reviews the Rector’s executiveactivities, including hearing the Rector’s annual report.
- Decides upon initiating thedischarge of the Rector.
- Reviews applications foruniversity dean, professor, senior research fellow, scientific advisor,research professor positions as proposed by the Rector.
- Reviews, and when necessary, shortlistsapplications for academic leadership positions as proposed by the Rector.
- Elects members of the UniversityDoctoral Council.
- Decides upon initiating courtprocedures against any action of the University’s controlling body, requestingjudgement that the it violates the university’s independence secured by theNational Higher Education Act.
- Determines the system ofstudent consultancy.
- Determines the system of studentevaluation of the teaching staff’s work.
- Decides upon founding andgranting titles and awards.
- Decides upon setting up a Senatecommittee.
- Determines its own rules ofpractice.