The Educational Committee belongsto the Senate and the Rector and is responsible for training development,education and educational management.
Its scope of responsibilitiesare:
- Decides upon the schedule ofthe academic year.
- Decides – upon request of theVice-Rector for Education – about the disciplines and scheduling of the complextasks that require the collaboration of more organizational units.
- Sets up ad-hoc sub-committeesto complete above tasks.
- Decides – upon request of theVice-Rector for Education – about non-regulation level educational development,training, educational management issues, which fall outside the scope ofresponsibilities of the Senate, another Committee or person.
Responsibility areas as apreparatory and reviewing body:
- reviews the launching of new universityprogrammes
- reviews proposals forlaunching and amending specialization courses
- reviews the launch ortermination of courses as an off-site or dual course
- reviews the basic principlesof double/dual degree, multiple degree, joint degree agreements
- reviews the launch ofnon-university level (e.g. adult training, training for national authorities)courses
- reviews the launch of a partialupgrading training
- reviews the sample curriculaof departments
- reviews the basic principlesof mobility or agreements below double/dual, multiple degree, joint degreelevels
- collaborates in determiningthe training profile of the University, and, in relation to this, evaluatingthe quality control policy of the University
- collaborates in determiningthe annual quality targets relative to the educational strategy of theUniversity
- reviewing the proposals forstudent regulations and their amendments
- Reviews regulation amendmentsconcerning launching courses, training and training administration activities,and the restructuring of the training organizational units.
- Reviews the basic principlesand proposals concerning the student advisory system and the evaluation of teachingstaff by students.
- Collaborates in thepreparation of instructions concerning training and training management.
- Decides upon the scheduling ofthe five-yearly review of the curricula and supervises that review.
As the sub-committee of theEducational Committee the University runs a Digital Training Sub-Committee involving the Teacher Trainingand Digital Learning Centre.