The Educational Committee belongs to the Senate and the Rector and is responsible for training development, education and educational management.
Its scope of responsibilities are:
- Decides upon the schedule of the academic year.
- Decides – upon request of the Vice-Rector for Education – about the disciplines and scheduling of the complex tasks that require the collaboration of more organizational units.
- Sets up ad-hoc sub-committees to complete above tasks.
- Decides – upon request of the Vice-Rector for Education – about non-regulation level educational development, training, educational management issues, which fall outside the scope of responsibilities of the Senate, another Committee or person.
Responsibility areas as a preparatory and reviewing body:
- reviews the launching of new university programmes
- reviews proposals for launching and amending specialization courses
- reviews the launch or termination of courses as an off-site or dual course
- reviews the basic principles of double/dual degree, multiple degree, joint degree agreements
- reviews the launch of non-university level (e.g. adult training, training for national authorities) courses
- reviews the launch of a partial upgrading training
- reviews the sample curricula of departments
- reviews the basic principles of mobility or agreements below double/dual, multiple degree, joint degree levels
- collaborates in determining the training profile of the University, and, in relation to this, evaluating the quality control policy of the University
- collaborates in determining the annual quality targets relative to the educational strategy of the University
- reviewing the proposals for student regulations and their amendments
- Reviews regulation amendments concerning launching courses, training and training administration activities, and the restructuring of the training organizational units.
- Reviews the basic principles and proposals concerning the student advisory system and the evaluation of teaching staff by students.
- Collaborates in the preparation of instructions concerning training and training management.
- Decides upon the scheduling of the five-yearly review of the curricula and supervises that review.
As the sub-committee of the Educational Committee the University runs a Digital Training Sub-Committee involving the Teacher Training and Digital Learning Centre.