Application period: 8-19 November 2021
Admission interview or Assessment Centre: 10-21 January 2022
Students registered in one of the following master programmes are eligible to enter the CEMS MIM programme.
Also eligible are those with a Bachelor degree and starting their master programmes in the above mentioned programmes in the upcoming Spring term.
Their acceptance into the CEMS MIM programme is conditional upon their enrolment into one of these programmes.Those, who have already started their master programme studies (home master) during the previous Spring term are eligible to enter the CEMS MIM programme provided:
Those with a non-business bachelor degree can only enter the programme if they have collected at least 60 ECTS credits by completing business courses during their bachelor studies. A proof of fulfilling this requirement should be provided with the application.
Applicants must have an excellent command of English demonstrated by one or more of the followings:
Other option is to have a Bachelor’s diploma entirely taught in English in an English speaking country, or in a CEMS or an EQUIS/AACSB accredited institution; English language BA in Business and Management and BA in International Business degree received at the Corvinus Business School is also accepted to prove English proficiency.
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE): IELTS 7.0 or TOEFL IBT 100, CAE grade „A” or „B”, BEC Higher grade „A” or „B”, BA degree from an English speaking country or CEMS institution.
National University of Singapore (NUS): IELTS 7.0. or TOEFL IBT 100, BA degree in English
University of Sydney (USYD): IELTS 7.0. or TOEFL IBT 100, CAE grade „A” or „B”, BA degree in English
Please note that these institutions do not accept Corvinus C1 exam. If you put these universities on your preference list, you must have one of the above language exams!
You can apply for CEMS MIM during your first master semester if you start your master studies in September. Your CEMS MIM terms will be in parallel with your second year at your Corvinus Master programme (semester 3 and 4).
If you start your Corvinus master programme in spring, you can apply in November prior to the beginning of your master programme. Your CEMS MIM terms will be semester 2 and 3.
If you start your Corvinus master programme in spring you can also apply in your 2nd semester then you have to make sure to be active in the 5th semester of your Master studies. Your CEMS MIM terms will be your 4th and 5th semesters.
We have a renewed selection process to the CEMS programme.
There are two ways to apply: you either go the traditional way with extracurricular scores and with an interview, or you go for the Assessment Centre*.
It is important that you can only choose one way to apply.In both cases there is a new element: instead of the motivation letter, you are required to send a 1-2-minute long motivational video along with the application package.
Submit your application package to email@example.com
*Find more information about the Assessment Centre in the Scoring System part.
1. In order to take part in the CEMS Program you need to choose one of the master programs of the Corvinus University of Budapest for a successful application to CEMS. See the eligible master programmes to CEMS above
2. Please check the English language requirement above.
3. Fill in the online application in the Mobility Manager. Indicate CEMS MIM as your first choice. Click on the Mobility Manager button below!
4. Fill in the online application on the CEMS website for the CEMS Program. Click on the CEMS Online Application button below!
5. Decide whether you apply through the Traditional way or via the Assessment Centre and fill in your CEMS application form downloadable from the Documents section.
6. For your mandatory semester abroad please indicate your preference list of partner schools in the CEMS online application and in the CEMS application form.
The common elements in both the traditional way and via the Assessment Centre are the Academic achievement, the Language skills and the Motivational video.
I. Academic achievement: maximum 30 points
For the evaluation of academic achievement the weighted average grade used for the qualification of the Bachelor diploma is taken into account according to the following table. If the applicant has more than one Bachelor degrees, the one with a business topic should be taken into account. If all degrees have been earned in the business field the one with the better result should be considered.
II. Language skills: maximum 10 points
An excellent command of English is a prerequisite to entering the programme and will be assessed during the interviews.
Any additional language skills (non-mother tongue) are evaluated based on the following:
III. Motivational video: maximum 10 points
What do we expect from you to answer in the video?
Dress code: Business-like/business casual/the way you will come to the personal meeting
Length: max. 2 minutes
If you apply via the traditional way your final score will contain the common elements + Extracurricular activities and Interview points: Academic Achievement (30 points) + Language skills (10 points) + Motivational video (10 points) + Extracurricular activities (25 points) + Interview (25 points) = 100 points
Extracurricular activities: maximum 25 points (see the document below)
Interview: maximum 25 points
Interviews are conducted by a team consisting of 4-6 members (the CEMS MIM academic director, a language professor, the programme manager, a company representative, a CEMS MIM alumni and a representative of current students).
How to prepare?
Learn about the Academic and corporate partners at our website, be prepared to talk about yourself and your motivation, international experiences, work experience, your extracurricular activities, current global issues etc. In case of unsuccessful application to CEMS, your application package will be transferred to the ERASMUS OFFICE if you applied for an Erasmus exchange semester in November in Mobility.
You will take part in a group exercise and you will need to solve an individual task to show your skills to the Admission Committee consisting of CEMS Professors, Corporate partners and the CEMS Academic Director.
If you apply via the Assessment Centre, your application score will contain the common elements + the Assessment Centre score:Academic Achievement (30 points) + Language skills (10 points) + Motivational video (10 points) + Assessment Centre (50 points) = 100 points
In the Assessment Centre we will look at the following evaluation criteria:
First part: Group Exercise
With 3-4 fellow-applicants of yours, you will get a business issue/economic problem to perform a solution together while you are being watched and evaluated by assessors. These assessors will make their observations, and give you a score based on your respective contributions to the overall exercise.
The responsibilities of the group will be: Effective team working requires team members to co-operate, listen to each other, communicate clearly, share knowledge and information, show commitment to the team and task and be supportive.You don’t need to do any preparation in advance, we believe your intellectual potential shall be a valuable part of the solution.
Your individual responsibilities in the group will be: Making an effective contribution.
Technical information: 90 minutes while the available tools are pen and paper
Tips for Group Work Exercises:
1. Speak up. It is important to put forward ideas and contribute to the team. The assessors can’t give you any marks if they haven’t heard you speak.
2. Keep your contributions short.
3. Avoid interrupting other team members and avoid being interrupted.
4. Encourage other team members: if a team member hasn’t said anything, try to get them involved in the discussion.
5. Keep an eye on the time.
6. Be prepared to change your argument. You need to be able to show that you can accept a new direction, if better ideas or information are presented to you.
7. Sometimes, it is also important to ensure your ideas are fully considered without holding up the group. It is also your responsibility to point out any issues or doubts.
8. Be professional: Don’t lose your temper and keep your volume and tone under control.
Second part: Individual Exercise
In essence, these questions involve a short case or analysis in which you must try to estimate a value you probably had never considered estimating before. The process of solving a guesstimate problem is not that complicated: look at the possible parameters that may affect the final quantity, and estimate its numbers.
During this exercise you will need to:
Technical framework: 15-20 minutes while the available tools are flipchart/whiteboard
Tips for the individual exercise:
1. Clarify the question, make sure you and the interviewers are on the same page on every assumption.
2. Scope the problem. Ask questions to clarify the scope of the problem in question.
3. Break down the problem into small pieces.
4. Use estimation and judgement to solve each piece.
5. Consolidate all of the pieces into a conclusion.
6. Be very structured in your approach and write out your numbers and assumptions in a clear manner.
There is no tuition fee for the CEMS MIM programme at Corvinus.
100 EUR handling feepayable to the CEMS Global Office after acceptance to the CEMS programme.
Block Seminar Fee
300 EUR (intensive seminar of the Fall semester).
Global Citizenship Fee
100 EUR (intensive seminar of the Spring semester).
CEMS students do not pay a tuition fee to the CEMS partner university for the exchange semester.
If you spend your exchange semester in the EU you will get an Erasmus+ grant, there is no additional application procedure for the grant.You can apply for Erasmus+ grant for the international internship. Application must be submitted during your active semester at the Corvinus MSc.
You can apply for the Campus Mundi scholarship for your exchange semester in any country and for your international internship outside of the EU.
Scholarships for internship
You can apply for Erasmus+ or Campus Mundi sholarship for the international internship. Please check the application requirements.