In this programme — which fills a gap in the whole Eastern European region — we focus on consumer and organisational behaviour and decisions, as well as on social and economic changes. In the course of this programme, our students will become professionals with high-level interdisciplinary skills, who possess economic, psychological and research methodology skills and are able to interpret and – by metering – forecast human economic and organisational behaviour, thinking and decision-making processes.
Programme name: Economic Behavior Analysis
Programme award: Master, MA
Duration: 4 semesters (2 years)
Start date: September 2024
Tuition fees (EEA): 990 000 HUF per semester
Total tuition fees (EEA): 3 960 000 HUF
Tuition fees (Non-EEA): € 3 300 per semester
Total tuition fees (Non-EEA): € 13 200
• Our new programmes are delivered in a quarter system. Its advantage is that you study less subjects at a time, so you can get more absorbed in particular topics.
• In Hungary, our new master programmes are available at the Corvinus only.
• Being a Corvinus student is an advantage, as with a bachelor degree obtained here with an average grade of 5 your admission to a place financed by a Corvinus Scholarship is guaranteed in our new master programmes, too.*
*You have to go through the admission procedure in the same way, but your free-of-charge place is guaranteed with a Corvinus bachelor degree.
1. Behavioural decision sciences
2. Introduction to psychological behaviour
3. Quantitative research method
1. Decision making in practice
2. Research in behavioural economics
* The above is not an exhaustive list. Corvinus University of Budapest reserves the right to change modules.
Self-funded students meeting eligibility criteria may apply for Visegrad scholarships.
Corvinus University of Budapest endorses the Visegrad Scholarship programme for MA, MSc and MBA applicants from Central Eastern Europe.
The scholarship makes the outstanding possibility of international higher education at Corvinus accessible and financially viable for more students in this region and beyond!
The only way to apply for this programme is as self-funded applicant.
• Completed bachelor/undergraduate degree
• GRE, GMAT, NMAT exams
• Circumstantial entrance interview
• Meet minimum credit requirement
• For more, please click here!
We expect students primarily from the following study programme Applied Economics, Bachelor of Business and Management and Bachelor of Social Sciences.
• Full credit may be awarded for: bachelor’s degree courses in economics.
• For additional bachelor’s and master’s degrees, a minimum of 60 credits is required as follows:
• Economics and Business Studies: 30 credits
• Basic knowledge of social sciences and research methods: 15 credits
• Basic methodological skills: 15 credits
(required for a minimum of 48 credits in these fields, 12 credits)
– The oral exam can be obtained with a maximum of 70. During the oral exam, the applicant’s professional knowledge (28 points), the applicant’s skills (21 points) and professional motivation (21 points) are scored.
– The required reading for the online exam in English is Kahneman, D. (2011). Thinking fast and slow.
– Recommended literature is as follows:
You can apply through felvi.hu.
Find the application requirements here:
In Hungary, there are legal pre-requisite credit requirements to study graduate programmes.
Please make sure you meet the minimum requirements for this programme before applying.
Tip: to quickly calculate your credits in ECTS, divide learning hours by 30!
Learning hours should be formally described, but can be constituted of classroom hours, private study and assessment.
In this programme we train professionals who are able are successful problem solvers and are able to provide answers to social, economic and ecological challenges of our complex world.. All that is carried out with interdisciplinary approach, as the programme combines the theoretical and practical knowledge of economic sciences, psychology, sociology and methodological skills. In the practice-oriented programme, we put great emphasis on competence development and community building, and prepare our students for science-based problem management, cooperation, flexible adaptation to change and critical thinking. Our main objective is to train experts who are able to reflect on not only the social, ecological and individual impacts of science and technology, but are suitable for sustainable and ethic leading positions, too.
#350-400 for Economics and Econometrics
Double Degree programmes are a unique opportunity, allowing you to obtain two higher education degrees in the time frame of one from two different institutions.
This programme has not been available in Hungary so far, but based on international experiences and the plan of the programme, jobs can be found in the following areas:
• decision analysis and consultancy at the companies and institutions of the competitive, non-profit and public sectors
• marketing, advertising, media, PR
• financial services, manufacturing and commerce
• education, research
We prepare our students for six types of roles:
1. Technical problem-solver — supports practical decision-making.
2. Leader — focuses on resources and output, and manages the researches and the planning of projects.
3. Collaborator — cooperates with the players affected by the decisions, respecting the boundaries or competencies.
4. Scientist — observing the standards of disciplines and integrating the approaches, examines the problems, and prepares for resource criticism and continuous self-development.
5. Gatekeeper — focuses on the harmony of ethic, conscious, social, corporate and individual interests, as well as well-being.
6. Communicator — able to present the results of his/her work to various target groups and to represent the results with responsibility.
On 10th January we will hold an online open day with English presentations!
Find out more about us and life on campus!
Find out more about the benefits of living, studying and graduating in Budapest.
See our full list of graduate programmes in English.