All commerce, services and production use and benefit from technology and computing.
If you are interested in both Information Technology and business – our MSc Business Informatics is for you!
Dive into a refined mix of management, controlling and accounting blended with IT-related skill development, propelling you in your professional development.
As a Business Informatics graduate, based on your high level theoretical, methodological and practical competencies you will understand complex business processes and business needs. During your studies, you will uncover business and technology related issues and develop alternative solutions – making you ready to manage information as a strategic resource.
In this practice-oriented program experienced professors and guest lecturers will deliver you classes ranging from information strategy planning, system design and development, IT project management, application integration, business intelligence and IT security.
This graduate programme is the natural next step for Business Information Systems and Computer Science graduates. Our students will also have the unique opportunity to join to a double degree program with University of Porto.
This programme may also be a good fit for you if you have any computer science, operational engineering or highly technical business background (provided you meet the compulsory credit requirements stated below).
Duration: 4 semesters (2 years)
Teaching hours: 10-16 hours/week
Includes internship: Compulsory (240 hours)
Start date: September 2023
Tuition fees (EEA): 970 000 HUF
Total tuition fees (EEA): 3 880 000 HUF
Tuition fees (Non-EEA): 3 600 EUR per semester
Total tuition fees (Non-EEA): 14 400 EUR
The application period for Stipendium Hungaricum and the Diaspora scholarship programmes is now closed for September 2023. The application period for September 2024 will open in November.
1. Computer Science
2. Financial Statements & Analysis
3. Advanced Corporate Finance
4. IT Security
1. Enterprise Architecture
2. IT Governance
3. Advanced IT solutions
4. Data Mining
* The above is not an exhaustive list. Corvinus University of Budapest reserves the right to change modules.
There are two remarkable scholarship opportunities available to Non-EU international students:
• Stipendium Hungaricum (for non-EU nationals from >70 countries)
• Diaspora scholarships (for international students with Hungarian ancestry).
Both scholarships entitle you to:
• Free tuition for the duration of your studies
• 43,700 HUF (c. €120) per month for the duration of your studies (for living costs)
• University accommodation or an additional 40,000 HUF (c. €110) per month for the duration of your studies (accommodation allowance)
• Medical insurance.
Eligibility requirements apply, so please click on “Scholarship opportunities” for more information.
Note: there are three ways to apply to Corvinus as an international student:
1. Self-funded route (all applicants)
2. Stipendium Hungaricum route – non-EU applicants only, further restrictions apply
3. Diaspora scholarship route – non-EU nationals with Hungarian heritage only, further restrictions apply
• Completed bachelor/undergraduate degree
• B2 level of English
• For more, please click here!
In Hungary, there are legal pre-requisite credit requirements to study graduate programmes.
Please make sure you meet the minimum requirements for this programme before applying.
For entering the Master’s programme with a Computer Science Operational Engineering undergraduate degree, a minimum of 60 credits is necessary from the following subject areas:
• introduction to natural sciences (Analysis, Statistics, Operational Research) 10 credits, economic and human studies (Economics, Financial Studies, Accounting, Controlling) 20 credits;
• informatics studies (Computer Architectures, Databases, Business Intelligence, Corporate Management Systems, Quality Assurance, IT Audit, System Development) 30 credits.
• The prerequisite of admittance into the Master’s programme is for the student to complete 60 credits in the listed fields of study in parallel with the Master’s programme, in the first two semesters after admittance, as defined in the higher education institution’s Study and Exam Regulations.
The minimum number from any other programme to enter the Master’s training cycle of credits is 70 from the following fields:
• 10 credits from the fields of natural science studies (Analysis, Probability Theory, Statistics, Operation Research, Mathematics, Computer Science);
• 20 credits from the fields of economic and human studies [Economics, Corporate Economics, Finance, Legal Studies, European Union Studies, Management, Management Theory (Decision Theory, Methodology) Studies];
• 40 credits from the fields of informatics studies (Computer Architectures, Operating Systems, Computer Networks, Programming Theory, Programming Languages, Program Design, Database Management, IR Architectures, Development, and Management, Quality Assurance, Integrated Developmental Tools, Development Support, Informatics Audit, Integrated Corporation Management Systems, Special Applications).
• The prerequisite of admittance into the Master’s programme is for the student to have at least 40 credits in the listed area based on his/her undergraduate studies. Missing credits must be attained in the Master’s programme as defined in the higher education institution’s Study and Exam Regulations
Tip: to quickly calculate your credits in ECTS, divide learning hours by 30!
Learning hours should be formally described, but can be constituted of classroom hours, private study and assessment.
In the age of digitalisation, business success is built on IT, which is increasing the role of professionals working at the interface between business and IT. The success of digitalisation requires IT professionals who understand business processes, have a good understanding of the technical background and are able to initiate, implement and deliver business innovations. We want to train IT specialists who, in partnership with the business side, can create successful IT-based innovations, who can also perform management tasks in the IT field, and who can serve business needs at a high level in their area of expertise.
Dr. Zoltán Szabó
#2 Best Business School
Eduniversal Eastern Europe rankings. 2020 (1st in 2019, 2nd in 2017, 2018)
#251-300 QS WUR Ranking By Subject
In Business and Management Studies for 2021.
Católica Porto Business School
Master in Management (CEMS)
Double Degree programmes are a unique opportunity, allowing you to obtain two higher education degrees in the time frame of one from two different institutions.
“Corvinus is truly an amazing experience. I met a lot of wonderful and smart people, many of whom are professors. They are extremely friendly and knowledgeable, always ready to share their thoughts in their expertise domain. Moreover, I really enjoyed the Software Engineering module! It is designed specifically to enrich your comprehension of up-to-date processes and information that you need for your future career. “
Our graduates progress to roles including: Systems Analyst, IT Consultant, IT Auditor, Business Intelligence Expert, ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Expert.
On 10th January we will hold an online open day with English presentations!
Find out more about us and life on campus!
Find out more about the benefits of living, studying and graduating in Budapest.
See our full list of graduate programmes in English.