Institute of Strategy and Management
I am personally proud to say that our history dates back to – including our predecessors – more than four decades, and that it is associated with many great scholars and legendary professors. Our younger colleagues have also been recognised with high ranking awards already. Still, our strongest legitimisation is the thousands of alumni, who, since graduation, have proven their skills in various prominent positions both in Hungary and abroad.
Our connection network is especially broad and goes beyond the University or the members of the Hungarian higher education and scientific community. We often work with people at distinguished universities and research institutes all over the world. But we are also at home working with SME’s and MNC’s as well as non-profit organizations, with practicing leaders.
The formal framework of our activities are constituted by departments and research centres. Our four departments are classified according to the traditional division of management functions: Strategic Management, Management and Organization, Organizational Behavior, Management Control.
We are a close-knit community, even if our colleagues come from different areas of expertise or are at different stages of their careers. We own professional curiosity, a strong theoretical basis and critical perspective. We are open to new approaches and we are happy to develop and make changes ourselves. We seek to serve the interests of students, employers, science, and society in general, with state-of-the-art content and methodology, in line with the challenges of the future. In order to achieve this, we are offering partnership to all of our internal and external stakeholders.
György Drótos, Director
Mission and philosophy of the Institute of Management
In the course of completing our mission, we still follow the “philosophy” formulated almost 25 years ago by the staff of the Management and Organisation Department:
- the trio of education-research-practice;
- the high importance of the theoretical background;
- the pluralism of theories;
- critical approach;
- network of international relations, testing of our scientific activities at international level;
- establishment of contacts with companies, businessmen, their involvement in teaching;
- continuous perfection of the curriculum, integration of the latest results and experiences;
- treating students as partners;
- contract-logic: high-level training, consequent examining;
- performance principle;
- open and honest atmosphere;
- personnel management to find and educate the most talented students who could be the new generation of trainers at the departments