Associate Professor – ÁRH/57/2023
Corvinus is the leading university in the field of business and economics in Hungary and is centrally located at the heart of Europe. The University maintains an excellent position as a centre for research and teaching and attracts an international group of students and faculty. It offers a broad range of undergraduate, graduate, and executive programs in the areas of economics, business, and social sciences. Corvinus has been granted accreditation by AACSB, AMBA, EFMD and EAPAA, and is a member of several international networks such as CEMS, BSIS, PRME and CFA.
The institute announces an open call for applications for the Associate Professor position for indefinite period. The starting date is autumn semester 2023.
Job description and key duties:
- Teaching duties:
- Teaching of subjects belonging to the education portfolio of the Institute of Social and Political Sciences, especially in the PPE BA and the Political Economy MA programs in weekly class hours as defined by the Academic Career Model.
- Research duties:
- Writing articles in prestigious international journals in the field of social and political sciences.
- Participating at important conferences, building international scientific relationships, getting involved in research projects, active research application activity in the field of social and political sciences, thus securing the resources of the research projects and contributing to the internationalisation of the Institute and the University.
- Service duties
- Active participation in the professional life of the Institute of Social and Political Sciences and the University, performing service tasks determined by the head of the Institute.
- Supporting early-career academics at the university, supervising PhD students as well as students participating in student competition.
- Mentoring assistant professor colleagues in the Institute.
Qualifications and experience:
- Doctorate obtained at least 3 years before
- Sufficient teaching experience gained in higher education: minimum 400 contact hours in sum, from which 40 in English language
- Research activity (on international level) and publication of research results in highly ranked international scientific journals: at least 3 international papers (written in English) in the research area of the applicant from which at least 1 Q1 or 2 Q2 in the year of publishing (no predatory journal), max. 3 authors and the applicant is first or corresponding author
- Minimum 10 independent international, Scopus citations
- H-index: minimum: 5 (according to MTMT or equivalent)
- Talent management: Officially included in the supervision of at least 1 doctoral student (co-supervision is possible), or as senior researcher works with a younger researcher, or supervisor in student competition, or principal investigator of a project which involves younger colleagues or PhD students with the objective to introduce/improve them to/in research.
- Student evaluation, min. 4.0 (or equivalent, 80%) in the last 3 years
- Student evaluation verifying teaching excellence
- Experience in fulfilling course leader duties
- Verifiable teaching development activity (curriculum development, methodological development
- Research activity with international impact, substantial international citation (verifiable)
- Active role in the activities of doctoral programs and/or mentoring of doctoral students
- Active role in talent management
- Experience in the coordination of research groups with the involvement of doctoral students and young colleagues
- International embeddedness, regular participation in international conferences, membership in international networks
- Participation in the work of professional organisations
- Participation in the editing and/or membership in the editorial staff of domestic and international journals
Documents and certificates to be submitted as part of the application:
- Curriculum Vitae including a detailed presentation of teaching, research and service activities and results
- Summary table of achievements (Please fill in the ASSOCIATE_PROFESSOR_assessment_TEMPLATE Excel for associate professor applications)
- Cover letter, including the presentation of future academic plans (educational, teaching development and research plans)
- References written by at least two reputable leading professors or researchers of the discipline (signed, scanned)
- Research paper
- Scanned copies of the documents verifying the university degree, scientific rank (eg. PhD degree) and of the documents verifying other professional qualifications. (In case of scientific ranks obtained abroad, the nostrification will be arranged in the next phase of the selection procedure.)
Remuneration and benefits:
- Favourable conditions regarding research facilities, data access
- Time devoted to research, travel support, etc.
- Employees receive social security benefits and health care
- A competitive salary is accompanied by 15% bonus in case of outstanding performance
- One time relocation support (Applicable for applicants moving to Hungary.)
- Deadline for the submission of the application: 2023. 04. 13.
- Applications have to be submitted by clicking on the APPLICATION button and by following the instructions on the bottom of the webpage.
- Next step of the selection procedure is that the selected applicants will be interviewed by the Academic Tenure and Promotion Committee. The selected applicants will be informed in a later phase about details and timing.