Double Degree Programme with the University of Palermo
Course descriptions are available via the webpage https://www.uni-corvinus.hu/main-page/programs/subjects-amp-courses.
Internship and professional opportunities
Participation in an internship is not compulsory for Master’s students in the Public Policy and Management / Public Governance programs. However, we strongly encourage students to pursue relevant internship opportunities during their studies. Our goal is to facilitate placements for talented Master’s students in internships that align with their interests and skills, allowing them to engage in meaningful professional work.
In pursuit of this objective, we are eager to collaborate with institutions and companies to establish traineeships, even on a smaller scale, accommodating one or two students. These internships will feature academic oversight provided by senior colleagues from our department, complemented by experienced professionals from our partners’ organizations who will oversee and mentor the students’ professional work. Together, they will collaboratively determine the internship’s scope and thematic areas.
Moreover, the university might recognize the work experience acquired during these internships by awarding credits to the students, serving as an incentive for talented individuals to seize such valuable opportunities.
Involved companies and institutions:
HU – Private Sector, Consulting:
- Budapest Institute
- Deloitte Hungary
- E-Gov Consultancy Ltd.
- HÉTFA Research Institute
- Königsberg Consulting Ltd.
- Equinox Consulting
- Corvinus Science Shop
- NIOK (umbrella org for HU CSOs – may also be interested in EN-speaking work force)
- National partners of World Habitat, Habitat for Humanity Hungary, ULE/ From Streets to Homes Association, VM/City for All
- Menedék Foundation
- Transparency International
- European Parliament (mainly , but not exclusively to EU citizens https://www.eppgroup.eu/about-us/traineeships-programmes
- UNHCR Refugee Agency located in Budapest. They even have a so called “Evergreen ” talent pool program to fill temporary positions : https://www.unhcr.org/types-contracts-and-appointments
- Center for Social Sciences, HUN-REN Hungarian Research Network;
- Intersections. East European Journal of Society and Politics (Scimago ranking. Q2 in law, Q3 in Sociology and Political Sciences)
Scientific Students’ Associations Conference (TDK)
Public Policy and Management Section
We welcome papers to the section in which authors make a research on
- the actors, institutions, processes, mechanism and decisionmaking on different levels (national, regional, European) of governance, and in the public or nonprofit sector in a broad sense, or on
- any public policy area, or policy measure from theoretical or practical perspective
- by using scientific approaches from the field of economics, public policy, political science, sociology, management studies and other fields of social sciences.
Secretary of the section:
C épület, 518
Phone: +36 20 324 1531
EAPAA – European Association for Public Administration Accreditation
The MSc of Public Policy has already been accredited twice by the European Association for Public Administration Accreditation – EAPAA.
Only about two dozen organisations in Europe and only four in Central and Eastern Europe have so far been able to enter this “elite” club of public administration and public policy programmes.
The EAPAA Accreditation Committee continuously encourages curriculum development and innovation based on high international standards. For more information about the criteria and the organisation please click here.
EMPA – European Masters in Public Administration
The Public Policy and Management programme is part of the European Masters in Public Administration Network (EMPA), a wide network comprising several European universities who offer an educational programme in public administration. The EMPA network facilitates student and staff exchange between the partner universities.
As part of the Public Policy and Management Programme, students get the opportunity to study abroad within the framework of EMPA.
Upon successful completion of the coursework, students receive an original EMPA certificate, signed by both the home as well as the host university.
For more information: please contact the Department’s Secretariat.
EMPA Partner Universities:
- Universität Speyer (Germany)
- Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Lyon (France)
- Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris (France)
- Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia)
- Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam (The Netherlands)
- Universiteit Leiden (The Netherlands)
- Università Bocconi & SDA Bocconi School of Management (Italy)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- Université de Genève (Switzerland)
- Université Catholique de Louvain (Belgium)
- University of Limerick (Ireland)
- University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Ulster University (Northern Ireland, UK)