The research center is active in international collaborations. We are members of the Global Footprint Network, the Environmental and Sustainability Management Accounting Network (EMAN) and the SCORAI (Sustainable Consumption Research and Action Initiative).
Most important projects
- Between 2016-2019, we participated in the ENABLE-EU Horizon 2020 project in collaboration with REKK. In the project, we were responsible for the working package dealing with behavioural factors in reducing household energy consumption.
- In 2013, the research center conducted the Hungarian survey of the international Sustainabiliy Barometer 2013 survey covering 11 countries.
- In 2013, in cooperation with the University of St-Gallen, we conducted our survey on the domestic reception of renewable energy.
- In 2009-2012, we participated in the Sustainable Consumption project funded by the Norwegian Fund.
- Our national projects included research financed by the National Science Fund: Beyond SCOPE3 CO2 emissions, Factors of Sustainable Subjective Well-Being. Our most recent project is focused on liveble environment and sharing economy in tourism.
- Burritt, R. L., Schaltegger, S., Bennett, M., Pohjola, T., & Csutora, M. (Eds.). (2011). Environmental management accounting and supply chain management (Vol. 27). Springer Science & Business Media.
- Csutora, M., Zsoka, A., & Harangozo, G. (2021). The Grounded Survey–An integrative mixed method for scrutinizing household energy behavior. Ecological Economics, 182, 106907.
- Csutora, M. 2012. One More Awareness Gap? The Behavior–Impact Gap Problem. Journal of Consumer Policy35(1): 145-163
- Csutora, Maria, and Zsófia Vetőné mózner. “Proposing a beneficiary-based shared responsibility approach for calculating national carbon accounts during the post-Kyoto era.” Climate policy 14.5 (2014): 599-616
- Csutora, M., & Harangozo, G. (2017). Twenty years of carbon accounting and auditing–a review and outlook. Society and Economy, 39(4), 459-480.
- Csutora, M., Zsóka, Á. (2011): Maximizing the efficiency of greenhouse gas related consumer policy, Journal of Consumer Policy: Consumer Issues in Law Economics and Behavioural Sciences, Vol. 34, 67-90
- Harangozo, G., & Szigeti, C. (2017). Corporate carbon footprint analysis in practice–With a special focus on validity and reliability issues. Journal of cleaner production, 167, 1177-1183.
- Harangozo, G., Csutora, M., & Kocsis, T. (2018). How big is big enough? Toward a sustainable future by examining alternatives to the conventional economic growth paradigm. Sustainable Development, 26(2), 172-181.
- Harangozó, G., Széchy, A., & Zilahy, G. (2015). Corporate Sustainability Footprints—A Review of Current Practices. In Corporate Carbon and Climate Accounting (pp. 45-76). Springer, Cham.
- Kocsis, Tamás (2014): Is the Netherlands sustainable as a global-scale inner-city? Intenscoping spatial sustainability, ECOLOGICAL ECONOMICS 101, pp. 103-114., 12 p. (2014)
- Schaltegger, S., & Csutora, M. (2012). Carbon accounting for sustainability and management. Status quo and challenges. Journal of Cleaner Production, 36, 1-16.
- Schaltegger, S., Harms, D., Hörisch, J., Windolph, S. E., Burritt, R., Carter, A., Truran, S., Crutzen, N., Ben Rhouma, A., Csutora, M., Tabi, A., Kokubu, K., Kitada, H., Haider, B. M.. Kim, J., Lee, K., Moneva, J. M., Ortas, E., Álvarez-Etxeberria, I., Daub, C.-H., Schmidt, J., Herzig, C. & Morelli, J. (2013). International Corporate Sustainability Barometer: A Comparative Study of 11 Countries. Lüneburg: Centre for Sustainability Management
- Schaltegger, Stefan, and Maria Csutora. “Carbon accounting for sustainability and management. Status quo and challenges.” Journal of Cleaner Production 36 (2012): 1-16.
- Vincent Blok, Thomas B. Long, A. Idil Gaziulusoy, Nilgun Ciliz, Rodrigo Lozano, Donald Huisingh, Maria Csutora, Casper Boks: From best practices to bridges for a more sustainable future: advances and challenges in the transition to global sustainable production and consumption: Introduction to the ERSCP stream of the Special volume, Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 108, Part A, 2015,Pages 19-30,
- Zsóka Á., Marjainé Szerényi Zs., Széchy A., Kocsis T. (2013): Greening due to environmental education? Environmental knowledge, attitudes, consumer behavior and everyday pro-environmental activities of Hungarian high school and university students, Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 48, June 2013, 126-138