Földes Ferenc Dormitory
The building of Ferenc Földes Dormitory was built in 1910, based on the plans of Imre Szőts and Albin Siegel. In 2007, the building was completely renovated under a PPP arrangement. Accommodating nearly 300 students, Ferenc Földes Dormitory can be accessed by a 10-minute walk from the University’s main building and is located in Ráday Street, which is why many refer to it as the “Ráday Dormitory”. In the six-storey building, there are rooms with 2, 3 or 4-beds, and most of them are designed so that two rooms have a common bath room (with wash basin, shower and toilet) to be cleaned, as their shared responsibility, by students using them; and only a few rooms have an own bathroom. On each floor, there is a washing-ironing room with two automatic washing machines and one dryer; there is a kitchen with two electric stoves, one microwave oven, a pantry room, and lockable kitchen cabinets; and there is a shared toilet. There is a glass-roofed function room in the inner courtyard of the “H”-shaped building of the dormitory.
In each room, there is an internet connection endpoint for each student to access the WIFI network, which was significantly expanded in 2020. On the ground floor, there is a TV room and a club room/function room (Közgarden); and in the hall, there is a ping-pong table, a lounge area, two study rooms, and a bicycle storage room. A gym, which was rejuvenated in 2021, is available to those wishing to exercise.
Organisations housed in the building include College of Social Theory (TEK), College for Advanced Studies of the Society of Young Autonomous Economists (FAKT), and College for Advanced Studies of Diplomacy in Practice (GYDSZ). Each College for Advanced Studies has a separate office, and the College for Advanced Studies of Social Theory has also a community room and a library in the building.
- There is a reception service of 0-24 hours in the building.
- Receptionists ensure, by checking the photo on entrance cards, that the persons using them are the cardholders indeed; and they briefly check the identity of residents entering the dormitory.
- An entrance card may only be used by the person authorized to use it, and handing it over to others will result in a disciplinary procedure.
- There is a first aid box at the reception.
- You can borrow cleaning tools (broom, shovel, mop, vacuum cleaner, iron) at the reception by depositing your entrance card.
Entrance Control System
- The dormitory has a turnstile entrance system operated with an entrance card. An entrance card is given to each resident when moving in the dormitory.
- Residents are required to use their cards when entering or leaving the building; stepping over or crawling under the entrance system or transferring an entrance card to anybody else is FORBIDDEN!
- Upon losing your card, please write a letter to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org , so that our system administrator may issue a new card to you for a fee, which you are requested to pay at the Dormitory Operation Unit.
Rules of Receiving Visitors
- Residents may receive visitors free of charge every day from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. (up to three individuals; above three, a written permission is required).
- A Resident may receive a maximum of one visitor every day from 11 pm to 7 am with the unanimous consent of the resident’s roommate(s).
- The fee for receiving a visitor is included in the Regulation on Student Fees and Benefits (HUF 1,000/person/occasion).
- Such fee items will be registered in Neptun for students with a student status with Corvinus University. And they will be invoiced to residents with no student status.
- Such registration/invoicing will be based on a register maintained by the Reception Service (Register of Visitors), which must be filled in and signed by residents when giving notification of their intention to receive visitors.
- The Register of Visitors at the Reception must be maintained in such a way that the name and room number of the Resident receiving a visitor and the exact dates of the calendar days and the exact timing affected by the visit can be clearly identified, and it must be signed by the Resident upon receiving the visitor concerned. The name of the visitor and the number of the certificate with photo used for verifying the visitor’s identity must also be entered in the Register.
- After the completion of the administration of visitor registration, the Resident receives a permit for receiving visitors, on the basis of which the Resident’s visitor may receive a temporary guest entrance card, and thus the visitor can stay in the Dormitory.
- The Resident receiving the visitor is fully responsible for the visitor’s behaviour.
- A Resident may receive visitors at maximum of 15 occasions per month for a fee, a maximum of one person at a time, and a visitor may remain in the Dormitory for a maximum of three times a week for a fee. In case of violating this rule, the Resident may not receive a visitor involving fee payment in the month following the month of the violation.
- A Resident who seriously violates the Rules of Receiving Visitors may be restricted in, or banned from, receiving visitors for a definite period of time; and a visitor who violates the Rules of Receiving Visitors or the House Rules may be excluded from being received, or, in more serious cases, such visitor’s entry into the Dormitory may be restricted.
- If, during an inspection, Dormitory employees find a visitor staying in the building without a permit, then the Resident receiving the visitor may be given a penalty point. Any individual staying inside without permission may be banned from the Dormitory.
- Minor visitors may be received by a resident only if the visitor is a direct relative (e.g., sibling) of the resident receiving the visitor and the parents or legal representatives have given their written consent to receiving the visitor. For receiving minor visitors, the Dormitory administrator’s permission and roommates’ written statements of consent are also required. Even with certificates and permissions obtained, minor visitors may be accommodated only in rooms inhabited by residents of the same gender.
Residents of the Ferenc Földes Dormitory belong to the General Practitioner District 2 of District 9 of Budapest.
- Address: 1093 Budapest, Közraktár u. 24.
- Phone: +36 1 217 0714
- General Practitioner in the District: Dr. Judit Palkó
• Each room has a wall mounted wired endpoint for connecting a UTP ethernet cable.
• Currently, no registration is required for using the wired internet, a situation that may change in future.
• The WiFi network of the Dormitory is operated as an additional service.
• In some rooms, there is no proper internet coverage and network reliability is highly dependent on web workloads.
• Wired connection is recommended to ensure a reliable access to the Internet.
• WiFi connection requires no special registration, knowing the password is sufficient.
It is FORBIDDEN:
• To connect to the computer network without authorisation and to carry out any illegal activity by using it.
• To attack the network or network devices in any way.
• To share the network connection in any way (either through router or computer).
• To operate your own WiFi network.
• To use file sharing software on the network (dc, torrent, etc.). Such act will result in a one-month suspension of the service and will be reported immediately to the staff of the IT Service Centre of Corvinus in addition to the leadership of the Dormitory. The user concerned may expect further legal action on the part of the University, the consequences of which must also be borne by the user who violates this rule.
In case of violation of the above, the service will be suspended for a certain period of time, which will not result in a refund of the fee paid for the service. The disabling of the user cannot be postponed, it will take effect immediately.
If you notice some fault or have a problem with the network, please report it to the e-mail address email@example.com.
- Please report any technical faults found upon moving in, or during the year, to the Operation unit by writing to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (Deficiencies and faults recorded on inventory sheets will not be automatically repaired or replaced, unless a notification is received at the above e-mail address.)
- Operation will begin to rectify a reported fault within 4 working hours.
- There are two study rooms on the first floor of the Dormitory, rooms 101 and 102, which are constantly available to residents.
- The Dormitory bears no liability for any items left unattended in the study rooms.
List of tools that can be borrowed at the Reception by depositing your entrance card:
- broom and shovel
- bucket and mop
- vacuum cleaner
- ping-pong racket and balls
- On each floor of the five floors (1-5) of the Dormitory, there are two automatic washing machines in the laundry rooms; and on each of the 2nd and 3rd floors, there is a dryer.
- There is a reservation table for dryers in the laundry rooms, please adhere to reservations.
- It is the common responsibility and interest of residents to use devices properly and to keep them clean.
- In the lobby of the Dormitory, a foldable ping-pong table is available for residents, which can be used from 08:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- You can borrow ping-pong rackets and balls at the Reception.
The Dormitory has a gym on the ground floor, which can be accessed using the entrance card.
Instructions for use set out in the Gym Regulations:
- The gym can be used only by members of the Ferenc Földes Dormitory of Corvinus.
- Anyone using the equipment does so at their own risk, being aware of their fitness.
I. All gym users are required to:
- comply with rules contained in this Regulation and the House Rules of the Dormitory;
- keep rooms in order and clean;
- turn off the lights, if leaving the room as the last user.
II. How to use the gym:
- Check the condition of the machines and equipment when entering the room. Upon detecting any irregularity or any technical fault, report it to the receptionist immediately so that the responsibility of the previous user can be clarified. The problems experienced must be emailed also to maintenance (email@example.com), so that they can address the issue.
- Staying and training in the gym is allowed only if you wear gym clothes and replacement sports shoes.
- Use all equipment only for doing exercise for which they are intended.
- Attach any unattached weights to the bar when using the equipment.
- Uncovered body parts must not come into contact with benches, towels must be used.
- Put back all tools used in place after completing your exercise.
- You are recommended to warm up properly before training in order to prevent injuries.
- At least two people should if possible be in the room at the same time, in order to avoid possible injuries or accidents.
- Anyone using the equipment does so at their own risk. The Dormitory bears no liability for any accidents in the room.
- Liability for any damage to any equipment must be borne by the person causing it or, if this cannot be established on the basis of the register at the reception, then the community of the dormitory.
IV. In the room it is FORBIDDEN:
- to work with an unfixed disc weight,
- to relax on any equipment,
- to stay under the influence of alcohol,
- to smoke,
- to eat or be loud,
- to take tools out of the room.
Bicycle Storage Room
At the Reception of the Dormitory, a closed bicycle storage room that can be opened with entrance cards is also at the service of residents, which is suitable either for storing their own bicycles or for renting one of the four bicycles owned by the Dormitory. THE BICYCLES BELONGING TO THE DORMITORY ARE OUT OF SERVICE CURRENTLY!
Information as wet out in the Loan for use Contract: (Sections 583 – 585 of the Civil Code) The following Loan for Use Contract has been concluded between the Lender (Ferenc Földes Dormitory of Corvinus University, 1092 Budapest Ráday u. 43-45.) and the Borrower (resident of the Ferenc Földes Dormitory of Corvinus University).
- The object of the loan contract (thing) is a bicycle owned by the Dormitory.
- The contract takes effect starting from the receipt of the bicycle key by the Borrower.
- The Borrower may receive the key from receptionists after depositing his/her Dormitory entrance and completing his/her personal details in, and signing, the annex to this contract. The contract ceases to be in effect upon the return of the key and a check of the condition of the bicycle.
- If the condition of the bicycle is acceptable, the resident of the Dormitory will get back his/her entrance card and security deposit and confirm their return by his/her signature. The loan period is a maximum of 24 hours, which can be changed to a maximum of 48 hours by prior notice.
- If the Borrower does not return the bicycle to the Dormitory within this period of time or any damage occurs to the bicycle (i.e. the Borrower fails to perform the contract or to perform it in accordance with its terms), the obligee may satisfy the resulting claim directly from the security deposit. If the damage is of a higher amount than the security deposit, then the Borrower shall also reimburse the costs to the Dormitory in addition to the security deposit (in case of the theft of the bicycle, its purchase price of HUF 45,000 must be paid by the Borrower). (Section 270 (1) of the Civil Code).
- The Borrower acknowledges that the Dormitory cannot provide protective equipment for the borrowed bicycle, this is the Borrower’s responsibility. And, if the Borrower suffers any injury or accident during the rental period, the Dormitory shall not be liable.
- Prior to using it, the Borrower must check the condition of the bicycle and, when finding it to be improper, report it to the receptionist immediately and to enter it in the Error Report Booklet.
- Under the loan for use contract, the lender must give temporary use of the thing free of charge to the borrower for a period defined in the contract, and the borrower shall be obliged to return the same thing upon the termination of the contract (Section 583 (1) of the Civil Code).
- The Borrower must use the thing according to its intended purpose and will be liable for any damage resulting from any improper or non-contractual use thereof (Section 584 (1) of the Civil Code). Using it according to its intended purpose includes that, whenever leaving it unattended, the Borrower must securely fasten and lock the bicycle; and, when using it, travels by observing the traffic rules (KRESZ).
- Without the consent of the lender, the borrower must not lend the borrowed thing to a third person either free of charge or in return for consideration. If he/she nevertheless does so, the borrower shall be liable for any damage that would not otherwise have occurred. (Section 584 (2) of the Civil Code).
Dormitory fee (room for 2 persons)
- For students on state scholarships: HUF 17,475/person/month
- For self-funded students and students on Corvinus scholarships: HUF 45,000/person/month
Dormitory fee (room for 3-4 persons)
- For students on state scholarships: HUF 16,000/person/month
- For self-funded students and students on Corvinus scholarships: HUF 40,000/person/month
Fee for extra services HUF 12,350/person/semester
Cultural contribution fee HUF 2,000/person/semester
Fee for receiving visitor (between 11:00 p.m. and 07:00 a.m.) HUF 1,000/person/semester
Late payment fee HUF 1,000/person/semester
Entrance card replacement fee HUF 3,000/piece/occasion
Key replacement fee HUF 4,000/piece/occasion
Security deposit HUF 16,000
Extra cleaning service fee HUF 2,500/person/room or bathroom/occasion
Gym usage fee HUF 3,000/person/semester
- Under Section 10 of Part II of the Organizational and Operational Procedures of Dormitories of the Corvinus University of Budapest, they will:
- Perform tasks entrusted to them by the Head of the Dormitory;
- Collaborate with, and support the work of, Dorm Managers and Technical Administrators of Dormitories;
- Help with the work of the Dormitory Division;
- Supervise, and make others comply with, the provisions of the House Rules of Dormitories and other Regulations, as well as the norms of cohabitation;
- Help residents of Dormitories in getting integrated and solving problems;
- Be on duty under a pre-arranged schedule as part of the 0-24 hour on-call duty provided in the building.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Seniors in the 2020/2021 academicy year|| |
|Fellegi Judit||Administering of foreign students’ affairs|
|Hankó Nóra||Keeping in contact with Colleges for Advanced Studies|
|Rimóczi Martin||Assisting the work of KDB|
|Maróti Zoltán||Performing system administrator tasks|
|Rónyai Viktória||Administering of foreign students’ affairs|
Dormitory Division of the Student Union
Members of the Dormitory Division of the Student Union in the 2020-21 academic year:
- Head of Dormitory Division – Viola Beck
- Sub-Division Members:
- Kristóf Némedi – member in charge of the 1st floor, dormitory coordinator
- Péter Fürjész – member in charge of the 2nd floor, and responsible for events
- Réka Dalma Hodászi – member in charge of the 3rd floor, Deputy College Coordinator
- Balázs Benczik – member in charge of the 4th floor, member in charge of communication
- Nikolett Galántay – member in charge of the 5th floor, member in charge of communication
- Dóra Budai – member in charge of the 6th floor, member in charge of finances
Contact us: email@example.com
- Central email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: +36 1 482 7585
- Phone number of Reception Service: +36 30 203 4487
- Address: 1092 Budapest, Ráday utca 43-45.
Customer Service Opening Hours:
- Monday 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday 02:00-04:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Thursday 01:00-03:00 p.m.
- Friday 11:00 a.m. – 01:00 p.m.