Office hours of the lecturers
Ádám Zoltán Péter
|Monday||13:40-15:10 (prior email communication needed)|
|Benk Szilárd||Wednesday||13:00-14:30 (by appointment)||E224|
|Csaba László||Friday||09:50-11:20 (by appointment)||E234|
|Győrffy Dóra||Tuesday||11:30-12:30 (by appointment)||E228|
|Horn Dániel||Friday||14:00-15:00 (by appointment)||E225|
|Katona Márton Tamás||Thursday||9:50-11:20||E226|
|Kiss Hubert János||Monday||13:30-14:30||E225|
|Mágó Mánuel László||Friday||15:30-17:00||E225.1|
|Mihályi Péter||Tuesday||14:00 – 15:20||E260|
|Németh András Olivér||Wednesday||15:30-17:00||E219|
|Ndzama Nwabisa Florence||Wednesday||10:00 – 11:30||E225|
|Rácz Olivér Miklós||Wednesday||13:30 – 14:30||E254|
|Révész Tamás||Wednesday||13:40 – 15:10||E240|
|Szakadát László||Monday||15:30:17:00 (by appointment)||E222|
|Takács Olga||Wednesday||09:50-11:20 (via register)||E258|
|Venyige Róbert||Wednesday||13:30 – 14:30||E232|
Scientific Students’ Associations Conference (TDK)
How do I prepare for thesis defense?
- For students who will participate to the exam personally, it is also worth preparing for “emergencies” if a technical problem arises and make the presentation available on more than one device (in addition to a flash drive, from your own email, from a cloud, etc.).
- Students who will participate in the exam online through TEAMS will have to share their screen with the committee during their presentation (it’s worth looking up how screen share works in Teams to avoid problems in the exam)
General information on the safety measures for students participating in the final exam requiring personal appearance
Please consider the following:
- All students are allowed to enter the university building only in masks and are required to wear the mask for the entire duration of their stay in the building.
- If possible, students should arrive no more than 30 minutes before the designated exam time, because only this way can we provide them with safe waiting areas where they can keep the appropriate protection distance.
- Each examination room will have a designated waiting room where students must stay before their turn (until they are called for the examination). Students can go in front of the examination room a maximum of 5 minutes before their exam turn, until then they must stay in the designated waiting room.
- After completing the exam, students are required to leave the building as soon as possible, but no later than within 15 minutes. If they cannot leave the building within this time they are required to wait in the designated waiting area.
We wish our students good preparation and a successful exam!
How do I prepare for the final exam in Applied Economics?
The final exam of the Applied Economics program consists of the defense of the thesis.
What do I need for the defense?
- For the defense, a presentation is required.
- The presentation should be up to 10 minutes long.
- The presentation contains the essential elements of the dissertation (it is worth practicing at home to fit the presentation into the 10 minutes)
- what was the question asked in the thesis,
- why I thought this topic was worth addressing,
- what result I obtained, and
- how I came to this result.
How to submit
Your thesis work will have to be submitted in the 2019/2020/2 semester exclusively electronically by uploading it to the Moodle system.
Students who submit their thesis in May 2020 are allowed to submit it only if the thesis is first uploaded to Moodle’s URKUND system.
The Urkund Student Guide can be found on the Neptun Student Login page.
Master’s Degree Programs: 19/05/2020 (Tuesday) 3 p.m.
Bachelor’s Degree Programs: 18/05/2020 (Monday) 2 p.m.
After these periods, the thesis work cannot be submitted. Those students who do not upload their thesis by the given deadline cannot be admitted to the final exam in the 2019/2020 academic year’s spring semester final examination period.
Statement on the Originality
Place: Following the internal title of the thesis (before the Table of Contents)
Students submitting their thesis must declare that it is the result of their own work.
Statement on Publicity
Students must declare that the contents of their thesis can be accessible to the public from the University Library’s website.
Place: Following the Statement on the Originality
The Annexes above have to be signed and scanned before uploading!
For attaching the Supervisor’s Declaration to the thesis work, you should follow the regulations of the Provision of the Presidential Committee (see above).
Information on the Final Exam period