Steps that lead to your first scholarship transfer. These can be done in a different order of course.
1. In September, at the beginning of your first semester you sign the Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship agreement during the scholarship registration. This must be done only once.
2. You register for the scholarship in person during the Enrollment/Registration week. In the first semester identifying yourself with your passport, later either with your passport or with your residence permit. This registration must be done at the beginning of each active semester until the end of your active student status. The SH office sends you a reminder on this in August and in December.
3. You apply for a tax id and your tax id is registered in Neptun.
4. You open a HUF account in a Hungarian bank and your bank account number is registered in Neptun.
5. You activate your student status in Neptun.The first scholarship and accommodation contribution (if applicable) transfer will be done only if all of the above are fulfilled.If you are a first-year student you have a chance to get the first scholarship in October but only if you activate your Neptun by 10 September at the latest and your bank account and tax numbers are registered in Neptun by 25 September at the latest.
Registration in person for the scholarship is a must at the beginning of each semester. Please note that due to technical issues we are not be able to transfer any scholarship and accommodation contribution in September and in February.You receive the September and October amounts due to you in a single installment in October and the February and March amounts due to you in a single installment in March.
IMPORTANT: the October and March scholarship amounts (and any further amounts due to you in the course of the Fall and Spring semesters) will be transferred ONLY IF you register for the scholarship in person during the Enrollment/Registration week and you activate your Neptun status by the 10th of September/February at the latest.
Should you miss these deadlines for any reason whatsoever, your scholarship transfer will be delayed by a month and you will get the first transfer (including the September, October, November amounts) only in November/ (including the February, March, April amounts) only in April.
After the first instalment of each semester, you get the scholarship at the beginning of each month, by the 15th of the given month.