- Since 2010 we organise the International Annual Financial Market Liquidity Conference. More than 100 researchers from all over the world attend the conference every year.
- Since 2016, we have been co-organising the annual conference of the Hungarian member organisation PRMIA, an international association of risk management professionals.
- In 2021, Corvinus University of Budapest and our department hosted the World Finance Banking Symposium.
- In 2017, we co-organised the ECMS conference.
Financial Clearing Research Lab
- Financial transactions involve a future payment obligation, until the settlement the parties face counterparty risk. The clearing mechanism is a key element in the functioning of financial markets, and it raises a number of theoretically and practically interesting research questions.
- The aim of the Financial Clearing Research Lab is to bring together Corvinus University of Budapest researchers working on this topic, to provide a framework for the discussion of related research ideas, and to facilitate collaboration between workshops within and outside the university.
Sustainable Finance Research Centre
The Sustainable Finance Research Centre, affiliated with the Institute of Finance, is at the forefront of addressing the intersection of finance and sustainability. Our center conducts empirical research on the impact of financial markets and investments on pressing environmental and societal issues. In the face of the climate emergency, we focus on redefining concepts such as asset ownership, shareholder value, and the true costs of funding. With a commitment to bridging the gap between research and industry practice, we strive to provide nature-positive solutions that contribute to a sustainable future for individuals, businesses, and governments alike. Consult our projects here.