Assistant Professor – ÁRH/71/2023
Corvinus is the leading university in the field of business and economics in Hungary and is centrally located at the heart of Europe. The University maintains an excellent position as a centre for research and teaching and attracts an international group of students and faculty. It offers a broad range of undergraduate, graduate, and executive programs in the areas of economics, business, and social sciences. Corvinus has been granted accreditation by AACSB, AMBA, EFMD and EAPAA, and is a member of several international networks such as CEMS, BSIS, PRME and CFA.
The Centre for Collective Learning together with the Institute of Data Analytics and Information Systems (50-50%)announces an open call for application for an Assistant Professor position for3- years definite period that is transferrable to a tenure position upon its completion.
The planned starting date is September 2023
or the earliest thereafter.
The post is a tenure track position as the Academic Career Model of the University provides opportunity for all assistant professor faculty members for promotion to tenure associate professorship after evaluation of performance on a 3-yearly basis.
About the Centre for Collective Learning (CCL):
The Center for Collective Learning (CCL) is a growing hub for data science research, with a focus on economic geography, urban science, and complex systems under the leadership of Professor César Hidalgo, a world-class researcher in data science, economic geography, and network science.
By leveraging synergies with outstanding research groups at Corvinus University, the CCL is projected to grow into a leading centre for Data and Network Science in Europe and world-wide. Building on Budapest’s strong tradition in network science, CCL will impact Hungary and Central and Eastern Europe by equipping society with the skills needed to undertake new challenges.
The Center is funded by the European Research Area (ERA) Chairs award of the Horizon Europe Programme. ERA Chairs are 5-year awards designed to promote institutional change, international mobility, and research excellence.
For more information of the Center for Collective Learning you may visit the website of CCL.
About the Institute of Data Analytics and Information Systems:
The vision of the Institute of Data Analytics and Information Systems is to become a leading knowledge centre in the field of data science, theoretical and applied mathematics, business informatics and statistics in Hungary and an outstanding knowledge centre in the region.
The Institute acts as a knowledge bridge between business, economics, and technology, with a community of lecturers and researchers providing a theoretical, methodological, and technological background in mathematics, statistics, and informatics for both education and research in economics, business, and social sciences.
About the role:
- You will be given the opportunity to participate in the selection of a future postdoc and supervise the work of maximum two PhD students,
- You will be part of the international team of the Centre for Collective Learning,
- You will manage and execute independent research projects,
- You will teach in the Data Science in Business bachelor training programme and will be given the opportunity to contribute to the development of these programmes,
- As a member of CCL you will participate in a flagship project involving students in experiential data-driven work.
- You have a doctoral degree (PhD) in Computer Science, Economics, Data and Management Science, Information Science, Computational Social Science or in a related field.
- You have demonstrated experience in data science or a related field.
- You have research experience and achievements (international publications in highly ranked scientific journals).
- You are motivated to work in an interdisciplinary and multinational team.
- You have excellent communication skills in English (both oral and written).
We are happy if you have:
- Experience gained in international research projects including ongoing research, publications under review, project proposals in progress
- Teaching and /or research experience after having finished your Ph.D.
- Experience in organization of research projects
- PhD obtained at a university with remarkable international ranking (ARWU)
What we offer:
- Full-time employment contract
- Career perspective as a member of an internationally recognised team
- Ongoing development opportunities, mentoring by the ERA Chair holder and senior researchers connected to the CCL
- Opportunity to work together with the ERA Chair holder in organizing research projects, with a mandate to develop and organize own research projects as well
- Support of PhD students and a post doc colleague in the research activities
- Supportive working environment
- Internationally competitive salary accompanied by 15% bonus in case of outstanding performance
- Additional benefits via ‘Szép card’ which can be used on food, accommodation, or leisure (after passing probation).
- Hybrid work (possible for a few days a week)
- One time relocation support for candidates for moving to Hungary
Application procedure and documents to be submitted:
If you are interested in joining our team, please send us:
- Your Curriculum Vitae including the presentation of the teaching, research and service activities and results
- A cover letter detailing your research goals, experience, and interests
- Name and email of three professional references
- Link to your professional website, and a link to your Google scholar profile
The deadline for the submission of the application: 2023. 06. 18.
The applications shall be submitted by clicking on the APPLICATION button and by following the instructions on the bottom of the webpage.
For further information:
Please, feel free to e-mail us in administrative matters at email@example.com and in academic matters to Krisztina Molnár at firstname.lastname@example.org.