For emerging managerial talent, leaders of SMEs and entrepreneurs – our Executive MBA can help you to discover and realize your best self, elevate your career and grow your business internationally!
This programme focuses on leadership, general management, social innovation and digital transformation, taking you on a personalised individual leadership development journey.
This MBA will mould you into a future leader with a strong network and influence in Central Europe!
The Corvinus-MSM-SEED Executive MBA is a transformational programme that gives you the tools to become an effective and responsible leader thriving in a complex international business environment. You will develop core knowledge of all the functional areas of business (at an executive level), with a strong emphasis on teamwork and complex problem-solving.
Graduates will receive a double degree – an MBA diploma from Corvinus University of Budapest and an MSc diploma from Maastricht University.
The programme is ideal for professionals living in Hungary or neighbouring countries as teaching takes place over one intensive weekend each month (typically from Thursday – to Sunday) at Corvinus University of Budapest. Two international weeks – the “summer specialization” course(s) – are held at MSM, in Maastricht.
The School for Executive Education and Development (SEED) is an affiliate of Corvinus University of Budapest. SEED enriches the programme with high-profile practitioners and guest lecturers.
This programme is the only EFMD accredited MBA in Hungary.
Duration: 4 semesters (2 years)
Approximate teaching hours per month: three (Fri-Sat-Sun) or four (Thu-Fri-Sat-Sun) full days once a month
Start date: 4 October 2022
Form of financing: self-funded
Tuition fees per semester (EUR): €5 000
Tuition fees total (for the whole programme – EUR): €20 000
Location: Budapest 2 weeks international module – Summer specialization – in Maastricht
Study method: 100% in-person
• Personalised leadership development journey – you will create an individual development programme to match your professional goals, which you will reflect upon and re-evaluate throughout your studies.
• Professional application – you will undertake learning projects and peer-to-peer learning.
• Real business experience – you will benefit from our close cooperation with the leading regional (and multi-national) companies.
• Social Enterprise Challenge – work with peers on real life unstructured problems with innovators, social entrepreneurs and researchers.
• Exceptional faculty – you will be taught by leading professors, genuine executives and (ex)CEOs of the region.
• Proactive teaching methodology – engage in case studies, simulations, leadership assessment and teamwork activities.
• Exceptional peers – you will study with likeminded, ambitious professionals and develop your network with the future leaders of the region.
1. Managing Cultural Diversity
2. Corporate Finance and Finlab
3. Corporate Responsibility and Ethics
4. Digital Transformation and Process Management
1. Entrepreneurship and Innovation
2. Management Control
3. Global Supply Chain Management
4. Design Sprint
Kick-off: Teambuilding and Case solving method workshop
Core courses: Offer a general management vision of the entire company
• Economics and Beyond
• Global Corporate Strategy
• Corporate Finance and Finlab
• Managing Cultural Diversity
Integrative courses: Change Management
Case study/simulation based integrative courses at the end of each semester, where cross-disciplinary, cross-departmental collaborations adress the complexity of business reality.
Leadership development journey
Throughout the program each participant will develop competencies along a personal leadership development plan, increasing self-awareness and the positive impact on people, teams and organizations.
You must have one of the following proofs of English proficiency meeting at least the minimum scores stated below.
• IELTS: 6.5 overall (minimum 5.5 in each category)
• TOEFL: 88 (internet-based test); 230 (computer-based test); 570 (paper-based test or institutional TOEFL)
• TOEIC: 720 (passing both “Speaking & Writing” and “Listening & Reading” components)
• Pearson PTE Academic test of English: 59
• Cambridge CPE English Proficiency test: C
• Cambridge CAE English Advanced test: B
You are exempt from the above if:
• You are a “native” English speaker (as defined HERE)
• You have completed a BA/BSc taught and assessed entirely in English (including proof from your university).
• BA/BSc diploma and transcript
• Motivation letter (minimum 600 words)
• Certificate(s) proving 5 years of work experience from your employer(s)
• Two signed letters of recommendation from your employer(s) on company headed paper
• One of the following:
o GMAT: 600
o GRE: 160
o Or, you will be required to complete these four levelling modules at the start of your studies:
– Foundations of Quantitative Research Techniques and Statistics
– Foundations of Microeconomics
– Foundations of Business Finance
– Foundations of Accounting
Andrea Toarniczky is associate professor at Corvinus University of Budapest (CUB), where she teaches Organizational Behaviour, Organizational Culture, Diversity Management and gives personal development, management skills and teambuilding training at master, postgraduate and EMBA level. She studied physics and business at “Babes-Bolyai” University (BBU) (Cluj-Napoca, Romania) and international business at ESIAME (ESSCA (Angers, France) and CUB (Budapest, Hungary) joint postgraduate program) and she spent with research scholarship one semester at HEC, Paris (France). Andrea got her Ph.D. in 2012 from CUB (Hungary). Her main fields of interest are socialization in organizational and professional contexts of diverse groups and leadership development. Andrea participated in different national and international research projects and she published several articles in Hungarian and international journals. She is member of the European Group of Organizational Studies and European Association of Transactional analysis.
Andrea Toarniczky PhD
Our graduates have secured positions including:
• Managing Director
• Global CEO
• Regional Manager
• Finance Director
• Head of Human Resources
• EFMD accreditation
• AMBA accreditation
Partner university name: Maastrich University (UM) – Maastricht School of Management (MSM)
Partner university programme name: Executive MBA
Partner university programme award: MSc
I always led projects or departments in the early stages of my career. I was the COO for Turkey responsible for 26 airports, then I took the MD role of the Hungarian branch of the group. I wanted to continue developing myself and I started discussing my career with the Head of Group HR and the President to whom I was reporting. I decided to apply for an Executive MBA and chose Corvinus because of its strong reputation in the CEE. During the MBA my MD role was expanded to include Austria. The MBA has elevated my career further. Since graduating, I’ve taken control of the biggest entity in the group – Turkey – overseeing 32 airports and cargo and warehouse operations.