Online workshop: Better Access to European LNG TerminalsThe REKK Foundation kindly invites you to its online workshop “Better Access to European LNGTerminals” on 10 February 2021 at 15:00 CET.
The aim of the workshop is to discuss with regulators, market participants and researchers how frameworks of primary and secondary capacity allocation can assure transparent and non-discriminatory access to LNG terminals and the better utilization of their capacities.
Well-functioning and liquid gas markets are a prerequisite for ensuring affordable energy for consumers, competitiveness of industries, and security of supply. The report „Study on Gas market upgrading and modernisation – Regulatory framework for LNG terminals” prepared in early 2020 by the consortium of Trinomics, Enquidity and REKK identifies and elaborates existing barriers and gaps that could be addressed in order to ensure optimal use of existing LNG terminals in the EU. One of the barriers identified with the highest potential impacts on inter-and/or intra-terminal competition was the method of terminal capacity allocation and limited flexibility and variety of products and services. At the online workshop we present the main findings of the report and discuss possible solutions with our distinguished speakers and panellists.
- Łukasz Lisicki, Policy Officer at European Commission, DG ENER
- Christoph Riechmann, Director Energy Practice, Frontier Economics
- Dr. Katja Yafimava, Senior Research Fellow, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
- Péter Kotek, Senior Research Associate, REKK
- Rocio Prieto, Chair LNG TF, Council of European Energy Regulators, CEER
- François Leveillé, Project Manager Gas Directory, CRE, France, Co-Convener ACER Gas Working Group
- Doug Wood, Chairman of the Gas Committee, European Federation of Energy Traders (EFET)
- László Fritsch, Chief Executive Officer, Hungarian Gas Trade Ltd.
Moderator: Borbála Takácsné Tóth, Senior Research Associate, REKK
The event’s agenda includes:
· 15:00 – 15:05 WELCOME BY REKK
· 15:05 – 15:10 OPENING (by Łukasz Lisicki, Policy Officer at European Commission, DG ENER)
· 15:10 – 15:25 MAIN FINDINGS OF THE REPORT „STUDY ON GAS MARKET UPGRADING AND MODERNISATION” (with Péter Kotek, Senior Research Associate, REKK)
· 15:25 – 15:40 ADRESS (by Christoph Riechmann, Director Energy Practice, Frontier Economics)
· 15:40 – 15:55 ACCESS RULES FOR EU LNG IMPORT TERMINALS: REGULATORY FRAMEWORK (with Dr. Katja Yafimava, Senior Research Fellow, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies)
· 15:55 – 16:50 ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION
Rocio Prieto, Chair LNG TF, Council of European Energy Regulators /CEER/
Doug Wood, Chairman of the Gas Committee, European Federation of Energy Traders /EFET/
Arno Büx, GLE President, Chief Commercial Officer, Fluxys Group and Fluxys Belgium
László Fritsch, Chief Executive Officer, Hungarian Gas Trade Ltd.
François Leveillé, Seconded National Expert, ACER
Łukasz Lisicki, Policy Officer at European Commission, DG ENER
· 16:50 – 17:00 Q&A WITH AUDIENCE & CLOSING REMARKS
For more information and registration please visit REKK’s homepage.