30 years of doctoral education in marketingThe place of marketing doctoral education in academia, the periods of education, experiences and career paths will also be discussed.
- Venue: Corvinus University, Main Building, Lecture Hall III (1093 Budapest, Fővám tér 8.)
- Date: 15 November 2023
- Time: 14:00-17:00
- Language: English and Hungarian
Invitation and Registration coming soon.
Changes in the political system in 1989 left their marks on education and academic life In Hungary. The new law of higher education and academic affairs in 1993, abolished degrees of „candidacy” and university-level doctors and created a U.S.-style Ph.D. degree provided at the university level.
The new Ph.D. programs underwent several changes over the last 30 years due to the new law and institutional learning. As of today, the first Ph.D. graduates are represented in most of the academic positions or are active in various positions in the economy.
We may need to look back and take a scientific perspective on what results are achieved and how processes have developed over this period.
- Where are the Ph.D. participants today, what have they achieved, and how they have experienced their journey?
- How is the marketing Ph.D. program situated in Hungary, and in the World?
We are inviting everyone who enrolled in the program, independently from graduation or current affiliation, and everyone who fulfilled any academic role during the doctoral process: supervisors, reviewers, committee members, or any other activities.
- 14.00 – 14.10 I Conference opening by Dr. Zsófia Kenesei, CUB Doctoral School of Business, Marketing Program Director, Dr. Tamás Gyulavári, CUB Institute of Marketing and Communication Sciences
- 14.10 – 14.20 I Welcome speech by Dr. Tamara Keszey, CUB Vice-Rector for Research
- 14.20 – 14.40 I Marketing doctoral studies in the academy: Dr. József Berács:
- 14.40 – 15.20 I The eras of marketing doctoral education in the light of the memories of the heads of specialization: Dr. András Bauer, Dr. Judit Simon, Dr. Dóra Horváth, Dr. Zsófia Kenesei:
- 15.20 – 16.00 I Experiences and careers: panel discussion with former and current students of the doctoral program
- 16.00 – 17.00 I What is a marketing scientist made of? Past, present, and future of the marketing discipline: World Café with participants
- 17.00 – Reception