1. Transfer request can be submitted by any higher-education students willing to continue their studies at Corvinus University of Budapest.
2. The transfer request must be within the same field of study and on the same study level.
3. The transfer is available only in fee-paying bachelor, undivided and master programmes.
4. The request is not acceptable in the case of a postgraduate specialist training course.
5. The request is not acceptable in the case of the dual training programme.
6. The request is not acceptable in the cases of double or multiple degree programmes conducted in cooperation with Hungarian or foreign higher education institutions that result a mutual degree.
7. Requesting transfer to a guest student status, partial studies or preparatory course is not acceptable.
8. Students from another higher education institution can submit their transfer request if:
9. The University accepts:
from the dismissing higher education institution where the applicants were studying-regardless their advancement
The request must be submitted with the attached documents in person or sent by post:
Corvinus University of Budapest
1093 Budapest, Fővám square 8., building E., I. floor, 187. room
Consulting hours: every Wednesday 9-12
1. The request is subject to payment: 13.400 HUF
2. The fee of the procedure must be transferred to the account number of Corvinus University of Budapest
3. Bank certificate must be attached about the transaction
The incoming requests will be evaluated until the working day of September 1 in the case of the fall semester and until the working day of February 1 in the case of the spring semester.
1. The form of the transfer procedure must be submitted with the following documents:
2. In the case of a transfer from a foreign higher education institution or from a foreign higher education institution with operating permit in Hungary, a certificate must be attached about the secondary school studies in the case of a bachelor programme transfer or the degree certificate in the case of a master programme transfer; furthermore, a copy of a document from the current institution which describes the training field and the syllabus of the course.
3. If the applicant has a foreign secondary school leaving or degree certificate, then the procedure of further education purposes must be done.
1. The incoming requests will be checked formally.
2. In the case of an incomplete and/or formally not proper request the applicant will be informed via e-mail of supplying a deficiency maximum in 5 working days.
3. Missing the deadline of the completion of documents the request will be evaluated upon the data and documents available.
4. The Dean responsible will primarily decide based on the applicant’s study results and motivation.
5. The resolution made by the Dean will be sent to the applicant electronically.
6. No legal remedy may be sought against the resolution in equity if it is rejected.
1. After the decision about the transfer is made by Corvinus University of Budapest the transfer will be complete with registration.
2. After delivering the decision about the transfer the Student Services will inform the student via email about the day of registration and its further instructions
3. The accepted student is obliged to present the original versions of the documents attached during the transfer process.
4. In the case of transfer, after the registration of the accepted student Corvinus University of Budapest will send the resolution about the transfer and the date of registration to the dismissing higher education institution. Please do NOT terminate your students’ legal status in the dismissing higher education institution after receiving the decision of Corvinus University of Budapest.
1. Referred to in paragraph 54. §(6) in the Studies and Exams Code of Corvinus University of Budapest: the responsible Credit Acceptance Committee can accept maximum 1/3 of the attainable credits stated in the training and outcome requirements, the rest of the credits must be completed at the university.
2. Based on the above,
can be accepted from the former studies.
3. To receive the final certificate, the student must complete minimum 2/3 of the credits at Corvinus University of Budapest.
4. The Credit Acceptance Committee based on the attached copy of the credit book through the transfer procedure estimates the acceptable amount of the credits in advance.
1. In the case of a master programme transfer a copy of the credit recognition made by the dismissing institution during the time of application must be attached to the request. (If there is no match with the bachelor’s degree in the entrance requirements of the training and outcome requirements of the given course.)
2. If the transfer petitionary has not or just partly accomplished the assigned credits stated in the credit recognition of the current higher education institution in order to-by giving deadline- let the responsible Credit Acceptance Committee determine the compliance of the required credits to correspond to the entrance requirements with the aim of the credit acceptance of the formerly completed studies.
1. If you wish to transfer from a foreign higher education institution the copy of that document has to be attached from which the legal status of the foreign higher education institution, the field of study of the given programme and its syllabus can be known.
2. If you received your secondary school leaving certificate or degree in a foreign higher education institution, in both cases you need to send in a petition for further education purposes. Without this process and without a positive resolution nobody can be accepted to study at the University.
3. For further information about the process of the acceptance of a foreign certificate, degree please visit the website of Corvinus University of Budapest.
4. In the case of a master programme transfer it needs to be checked whether the foreign degree received in the bachelor’s programme suits the requirements stated in the transfer request and the entrance requirements of the master programme. To determine the equivalence of the entrance requirements a credit acceptance procedure must be done.
5. For further information about the credit acceptance procedure please visit the website of Corvinus University of Budapest.
6. The transfer from a foreign higher education institution is possible if the Admission Committee
in the case of BA/BSc
in the case of MA/MSc
If there is a dismissive resolution in the case of any of these related procedures, it will result in the rejection of the transfer request.