The Department focuses its research activities on the development and practical application of statistical methodology.
Our research topics:
- sampling theory and practical applications;
- multivariate modelling and analysis of socio-economic phenomena;
- data mining, and the topics of data science;
- current problems of analysing living standards (consumer price index, poverty, stratification, well-being);
- producer price indices;
- the specificities of macroeconomic indicators and the limitations of their application;
- and the creative application of the methodology of statistics and econometrics (with special regard to distribution analyses, relationship analysis, cross-sectional, time series and panel modelling) to socio-economic problems and the most comprehensible interpretation of results (which includes data visualization).