Report on the HEInnovate for RIS3 RE-ACT Project supporting the development of a regional innovation strategy for higher education institutions, in which the staff of the Department of Geography, Geoeconomy and Sustainable Development also participate
RE-ACT is an Erasmus+ project aimed at exploiting the potential of existing self-reflection tools, in particular HEInnovate, in the design and implementation of RIS3.
HEInnovate is a self-assessment tool for higher education institutions that intends to explore their innovation potential.
‘HEInnovate for RIS3’ aims to support higher education institutions in rethinking their strategy, structure and actions through a holistic approach to innovation and entrepreneurship, regionally embedded and supported by cooperative relationships between key players in the quadruple helix.
The aim of the project...
- … exploit the potential of HEINNOVATE to support regionally embedded and responsible SMART universities by playing a key role in RIS3 through the coordination of their individual and common tools and the support of regional policies for sustainable research and innovation;
- … encourage the introduction of organisational changes in higher education institutions based on the effective use of the ‘HEINNOVATE for RIS3’ self-assessment tool, developing a common position of higher education institutions on regional development in the knowledge of the results;
- … support the involvement of several interested parties in the optimisation processes of higher education institutions and their participation in different decision-making approaches, including the planning, implementation and control processes of the RIS3;
- … mainstream RE-ACT's resources and participatory processes with the direct support of other higher education institutions and actors in order for ‘HEINNOVATE for RIS3’ self-assessment tool to be fully utilised;
- … raise awareness of RE-ACT, involving key actors and to ensure the high quality, relevance, innovation, usability and sustainability of the project's methodology, resources and results;
- … establish and support effective communication, joint learning, cooperation between partners in order to successfully achieve the project objectives
Results of the project so far