Student IDCard Application
Please take note of the fact that a student card may only be requested by students who have enrolled and have established a student status with the university.
This is how you can apply for a student card:
- As a first step it is advisable to compare the data featured in your personal documents with those registered in the Neptun study administration system, as the data included in the application will be collated with the personal identification and domicile records (a distinction should be made between long and short vowels, Neptun must also include the middle name, if any.)
- In case of any discrepancy, the errors should be signalled to the study administrator and corrected.
- Your application should be submitted to a government Registration Office (in Hungarian „okmányiroda” – it is located in every district, near the local government:, recommended one: 1051 Budapest, Erzsébet tér 1-3.) where a so-called NEK form will be issued for you. The data on the NEK form should then be uploaded to Neptun. Documents requested at the Registration Office: passport, certificate of education.
- In Neptun, go to “Administration/ Student Card request/ Request type” to register your application.
- You should type in your NEK identifier in the available space (using capital letters, without hyphens)
- You should select the relevant type of demand (first application)
- The Training field will feature the program with which the student signed in Neptun.
- The address field should be completed with the permanent address (international students should select their home address, not their place of residence in Hungary)
- A secondary institution: leave this field empty.
- Application for the student card and its issuance are free of charge, but if the card gets lost, the sticker is replaced for a fee of HUF 3,500.
- After submitting the application, the student may request a temporary student card (valid for 60 days) at the Student Affairs Office (the application was successful if a date appears in the field „Dispatched to FIR” in the line of the submitted request).
- The student card will be mailed to the university, your study coordinator will contact you once it arrives. If you identify any error, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org (kindly provide your Neptun code and a short description of the error).