2021/22 Autumn Intake
Application deadline: September 3, 2021
Programme commencing: 1 October 2021
All applications (Hungarian and foreign citizens) are to be submitted through the online application platform of the Maastricht School of Management. For applying, please click on Apply button at the lower section of this page. You will be asked to create an account first, then please follow the instructions given. At the same time, please contact the programme coordinator, Éva Németh by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and inform her that you have begun your online application process. From that point, Éva will assist you through the whole process.
Recruitment and admission process are carried out through a single admission channel, supervised by Corvinus. Admission requirements are mutually agreed by Corvinus and MSM, and they are the following:
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized institution
2. At least five years of work experience
3. Motivational interview (in person/online)
4. Proof of English proficiency (one of the below)*:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) required score: 6.5 minimum, with no section below 5.5 on the Academic test
- TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) required scores:88 (internet based test), 230 (computer based test), 570 (paper based test or institutional TOEFL)
- TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) score: 720, with passing both „Speaking & Writing” and „Listening & Reading”
- Pearson PTE Academic test of English: Minimum score 59
- Cambridge CPE English Proficiency test – C
- Cambridge CAE English Advanced test – B
5. Attending Leveling Courses in four topics:
- Foundations of Quantitative Research Techniques and Statistics
- Foundations of Microeconomics
- Foundations of Business Finance
- Foundations of Accounting
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) – minimum score 600
- Equivalent GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) score
All documents should be submitted not later than the deadline for application:
1. Copy of the Bachelor’s degree including English translation where applicable**
2. Copy of the academic transcript including English translation where applicable**
3. TOEFL/IELTS/TOEIC/PTE/CPE/CAE score report
4. Taking the Leveling Course OR GMAT/GRE score report***
5. Motivation Letter
6. Two Letters of Recommendation, and at least one from the current employer (in English on company letterhead)
7. Certification of at least 5 years work experience issued by the employer(s)****
8. CV in English including a portrait picture
9. Copy of valid national ID of applicants from Schengen countries OR copy of valid passport of applicants from non-Schengen countries.
* Exemptions are applicants from countries where the official language is English or applicants who have an undergaduate degree in English.
** Originals need to be checked during the personal motivational interview and during the enrolment to Corvinus University. The diplomas issued by a non-Hungarian higher education institution are checked by the legal office of Corvinus University considering their equivalency.
*** The Leveling Course is required once the applicant is accepted following the submission of all application documents. Please see more details in the next section.
**** A simple letter issued by HR, or by mentioning the number of years at the company in the letters of recommendation
Statistics of the 2021 class (October 2019 intake)
- 39 participants from
- 22 companies, covering
- 16 sectors (Automotive, Aviation, Banking, Construction, Consulting, Electronics, FMCG, Insurance, IT, IT/Telco, Manufacturing, Oil&Gas, Online Gaming, PET Packaging, Real Estate, Solar Energy), working in
- 4 countries (Hungary, Croatia, Slovakia, UK), representing
- 9 nationalities (Croatia, Bosnia Hercegovina, Egypt, Hungary, Romania, Turkey, India, Slovakia, UK).
- 22% female
- Average age: 36 years
- Average work experience: 12+ years