The impact of Chile in the field of history, literature, culture, economics, social and political processes 1973-2023
CALL FOR PANEL AND PRESENTATION PROPOSAL
Date: 11 September 2023.
Location: Corvinus University of Budapest (Hungary) – Streaming online (Teams)
Language: English/Spanish (no translation), plus Hungarian and Spanish (in the panels)
The conference “Allende 50” aims to unfold the developments in Chile, its impacts in the field of history, literature, art, economics, social and political processes.
The conference is organised by the members of the Latin America Subcommittee of the International and Development Studies Scientific Committee of Division IX of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in cooperation with the Embassy of Chile in Budapest. The members’ affiliation stretches through the whole higher education and research institute system of Hungary (including Corvinus University of Budapest, ELKH Centre for Economic and Regional Studies Institute of World Economics, Eötvös Loránd University, Institute for Foreign Affairs and Trade, Károli Gáspár University of the Reformed Church in Hungary, Pázmány Péter Catholic University, University of Pécs, University of Public Service, University of Szeged).
The lectures and the panels are onsite (no online presentation is possible), meanwhile we will organise streaming them on MS Teams.
Planed sections (which may run parallel through several panels):
Section 1: Changes and Challenges of Economic Development and Economic Relations in Latin America
organisers: Judit Ricz and Sándor Gyula Nagy
Section 2: Chile Between Transition and Turmoil – Democracy and Dictatorship
organisers: Emőke Horváth and Ágnes Judit Szilágyi
Section 3: Chile’s Social and Political Struggles in a Global Context
organisers: Mónika Szente-Varga and Béla Soltész
Section 4: In the Shadow of Power: Impressions and Consequences in National and International Culture
organisers: András Lénárt and Domingo Antonio Lilon
Section 5: Chilean Literature in the World (1973-2023)
organisers: Dóra Bakucz, Zsuzsanna Csikós and Gabriella Menczel
We expect two types of proposals:
1. Proposal for panel or
2. Proposal for individual presentation.
The organising committee will decide on which (panel or individual presentation) proposals will be accepted before 1st of July. The panel or presentation language can be English, Hungarian or Spanish, so we encourage to send proposals in any of these languages (please no duplications). However, the opening and keynote speeches will be held in English (without translation).
1. Proposal for panel should include:
- the title and language of the panel,
- the section to which it is proposed,
- furthermore a short CV for all the panelists and the moderator (maximum 4 presentations are accepted in every panel – the moderator may be a panelist with presentation, as well), which is a written introduction incl. affiliation and field of research in max 100 words (which will be used as introduction by the panel moderator and later published in the book of abstracts),
- titles of all the proposed presentations,
- the abstracts of the presentation will be expected just after the acceptance of the panels (maximum 200 words each, which will be published in the book of abstracts).
- DEADLINE: 1st of May 2023.
2. The proposal for individual presentation should include:
- a short CV (written introduction incl. affiliation and field of research) in max 100 words (which will be used as introduction by the panel moderator and later published in the book of abstracts),
- the title and language of the presentation (the presentations should not exceed 15 min),
- the section to which it is proposed and
- an abstract of the presentation of maximum 200 words (which will be published in the book of abstracts).
- DEADLINE: 15th of June 2023.
Please send in your proposal through e-mail: email@example.com
1. Deadline of sending the proposal for panels is: 1st of May 2023.
2. The decision about the panel will be published before 1st of June 2023.
2. Deadline of sending the proposal for individual presentations is: 15th of June 2023.
3. The decision about individual presentations to be announced before 1st of July 2023.
5. Final program of the conference to be announced before 1st of September 2023.
There is no registration fee, the participation at the conference is free of charge, but registration will be needed. Accommodation and travel must be organised individually by every participant.
Members of the organising committee:
- BAKUCZ, Dóra, Pázmány Péter Catholic University
- CSIKÓS, Zsuzsanna, University of Szeged
- HORVÁTH, Emőke, Károli Gáspár University of the Reformed Church in Hungary
- LÉNÁRT, András, University of Szeged
- LILÓN, Domingo Antonio, University of Pécs
- MENCZEL, Gabriella, Eötvös Loránd University
- NAGY, Sándor Gyula, Corvinus University of Budapest
- RICZ, Judit, ELKH Centre for Economic and Regional Studies Institute of World Economics and Corvinus University of Budapest
- SOLTÉSZ, Béla, Eötvös Loránd University and Institute for Foreign Affairs and Trade
- SZENTE-VARGA, Mónika, University of Public Service
- SZILÁGYI, Ágnes Judit, Eötvös Loránd University
Contact person in case of inquiries is Ms. María José Sánchez (PhD-student of Corvinus University of Budapest): firstname.lastname@example.org