Careers in finance are amongst the best paid. All businesses, consumers and the global economy rely on financial strategies and principles. All companies have their finance departments – whether start-ups, SMEs, or multinationals and regardless of the sector.
Our MSc Finance programme will forge you into a professional who has high level theoretical, methodological and practical competencies in finance, competitive in the labour market.
Our experienced professors and guest lecturers will deliver you classes ranging from quantitative finance, banking, risk management, corporate finance, and corporate valuation.
Further your professional acumen via access to the Corvinus Financial Laboratory (Finlab), equipped with Bloomberg and Reuters terminals.
After graduating from the programme, you will have all assets necessary to become a full-fledged analyst of the financial processes of the economy. You will cultivate deep expertise in financial business and methodology and also obtain managerial skills, giving you future access to various fields of domestic and international economic and business life.
All self-funded Corvinus MSc Finance students will also have the unique opportunity to join the CEMS Master in Management. This allows you to gain an additional degree in Management at the same cost and in the same timeframe, spending a term at one of the 30+ CEMS international institutes!
Our programme is recognised by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA). 70% percent of the CFA curriculum will be covered, fast-tracking and elevating your financial and investment career capabilities on an international level.
For admission onto the MSc Finance programme, you will typically hold an accounting, finance or business degree or a degree in economics. We accept applicants from other academic backgrounds who meet the compulsory credit requirements stated below.
Duration: 4 semesters (2 years)
Teaching hours: 10-16 hours/week
Start date: September 2023
Tuition fees (EEA): 970 000 HUF per semester
Total tuition fees (EEA): 3 880 000 HUF
Tuition fees (Non-EEA): € 3 600 per semester
Total tuition fees (Non-EEA): € 14 400
The application period is now closed for September 2023. The application period for September 2024 will open in November.
3. Risk Management and Financial Institutions
1. International Corporate Finance
2. Applied Business Valuation
3. Empirical Finance / Equity Financing**
4. Quantitative Finance / Case Studies in Corporate Finance**
Beyond the core finance modules, you will study core courses such as: Monetary Economics, Mathematics for Finance, Financial Law, Financial Economics, Econometrics for Finance, Causality Analyis in Finance, Business Intelligence, Ethics and Green Finance.
* The above is not an exhaustive list. Corvinus University of Budapest reserves the right to change modules.
** Specialization courses.
• Stipendium Hungaricum (for non-EU nationals from >70 countries)
• Diaspora scholarships (for international students with Hungarian ancestry).Both scholarships entitle you to:
• Free tuition for the duration of your studies
• 43,700 HUF (c. €120) per month for the duration of your studies (for living costs)
• University accommodation or an additional 40,000 HUF (c. €110) per month for the duration of your studies (accommodation allowance)
• Medical insurance.Eligibility requirements apply, so please click on “Scholarship opportunities” for more information.
Note: there are three ways to apply to Corvinus as an international student:
1. Self-funded route (all applicants)
2. Stipendium Hungaricum route – non-EU applicants oavnly, further restrictions apply
3. Diaspora scholarship route – non-EU nationals with Hungarian heritage only, further restrictions apply
In Hungary, there are legal pre-requisite credit requirements to study graduate programmes.
Please make sure you meet the minimum requirements for this programme before applying.
The number of minimum credits necessary for joining the master’s program is 60, from the following areas:
• 15 ECTS credits from the field of methodological studies (Mathematics, Statistics, IT)
• 10 ECTS credits from economic foundation courses (micro- and macroeconomics, international economics, environmental management, economic theory, economic statistics, history of economic theory, business modelling, economic policy, EU economy, world and European economy, public policy)
• 10 ECTS credits from business foundation courses (business economics, accounting, controling, HR, business law, marketing, management and organization, management of value creating processes, decision making skills and methodology, business ethics, strategic planning, business communication)
• 10 ECTS credits from social sciences: EU, general and business law, economic history, sociology, psychology, philosophy
• 15 ECTS credits from finance related subjects (finance, financial and capital markets, banking, financial policy, knowledge of taxation, business finance, business valuation)
The condition of acceptance to the master’s program is that the student shall have at least 30 credits in the areas listed based on the student’s previous studies. The missing credits shall be obtained in the master’s program in accordance with the provisions of the study and exam regulation of the institution.
Tip: to quickly calculate your credits in ECTS, divide learning hours by 30!
Learning hours should be formally described, but can be constituted of classroom hours, private study and assessment.
Our Master of Finance is designed for those who want to acquire a thorough and systematic methodological and practical knowledge in finance. We do not promise an easy-to-complete programme, but we do promise that our graduates can start or continue their careers in any field of finance, in any institution, bank or company, at home or abroad. We can also promise that our students will be prepared and equipped with a competitive theoretical and practical knowledge to successfully start their financial careers.
Double Degree programmes are a unique opportunity, allowing you to obtain two higher education degrees in the time frame of one from two different institutions.
Our graduates progress to roles including: Investment Banking Professional, Financial Risk Expert, Market/ Liquidity /Credit Risk Officer, Treasury Analyst/Director, FX/Money Market/Option Market Dealer, Equity Analyst, Portfolio Manager, Fund Manager, Capital Market Sales, M&A Expert, Corporate Finance Specialist, Valuation Controller, CFO
Our graduates work at prestigious international organisations including: Budapest, Stock Exchange, Deloitte, Morgan Stanley, McKinsey, OTP.
On 10th January we will hold an online open day with English presentations!
Find out more about us and life on campus!
Find out more about the benefits of living, studying and graduating in Budapest.
See our full list of graduate programmes in English.