Research SeminarThe first Research Workshop organised by the Institutes will be hosted by the Institute of Business Economics and its Research Centre for the Sports Business.
The Research Seminar is hosted by the Institute of Business Economics and its Research Centre for the Sports Business and is supported by the Research Management Office of Corvinus University of Budapest. The aim of the research seminar is to hear the experiences of a prominent international researcher in the field of sports management (publication opportunities and strategies).
The interactive online lecture will be held by Dr Pamela Wicker, Professor at Bielefeld University (Department of Psychology and Sports Science). Her main research areas include sports organisations, the social significance of sport, the relationship between participation in sport and health, and the relationship between sport and the natural environment. She has a strong international publication list and an excellent citation record. She is also well experienced in qualitative and quantitative methods.
She is (or was) a member of the editorial boards of six Q1 and two Q3 journals, and she published extensively in the following journals:
- European Journal for Sport and Society (Q1 – Sociology and Political Science)
- European Sport Management Quarterly (Q1 – Strategy and Management)
- International Journal of Sport Finance (Q3 – Finance, Business and Management)
- Journal of Sport Management (Q1 – Decision Sciences – Sport Sciences)
- Journal of Sport & Tourism(Q1 – Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality Management)
- Journal of Sports Economics (Q1 – Economics, Econometrics, and Finance)
- Managing Sport and Leisure (Q3 – Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality Management)
- Sport Management Review (Q1 – Business and Int Man, Marketing, Strat & Man)
The event is open to the researchers of the Corvinus University of Budapest free of charge but registration is required (the invitation to the Teams event will be sent to the email address provided at the time of registration). To register, send an email to email@example.com.
For any questions, please contact the workshop organiser, Dr. Zsolt Havran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event is supported by the Research Management Office of the Corvinus University of Budapest.