Online seminarsREKK Foundation together with the 'Sustainable Energy' Priority Area (PA2) of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region (EUSDR).
The REKK Foundation together with the ‘Sustainable Energy’ Priority Area (PA2) of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region (EUSDR) organise two online seminars entitled “National Energy and Climate Plans of Danube Region countries”. The first workshop on May 6 will focus on the ambitions and policy tools aimed at transforming the electricity and gas markets in the region, while the second workshop on May 20 will cover two important energy policy areas largely influencing decarbonisation efforts in the (yet) non-ETS sectors: the deployment of renewable energy in the heating and cooling sector, and the transport sector. At the workshops we present the most important results of the study “National Energy and Climate Plans of Danube Region countries” and discuss the lessons learnt with experts from the region. The insights and recommendations might provide useful assistance for the preparation of the upcoming NECPs of the non-EU Danube Region countries, as well as for the following updates/revisions of NECPs of EU member states.
Day 1: 6th May – Electricity Markets and the Role of Renewable Electricity, Gas Markets and Sector Coupling, Main Lessons from NECPs
- Pál Ságvári, Vice President for International Affairs, Hungarian Energy and Public Utility Regulatory Authority (HU)
- Karolina Cegir, Gas Expert, Energy Community Secretariat
- Davor Bajs, Infrastructure Expert, Energy Community Secretariat
- Ognjen Markovic, Project Expert, Regional Cooperation Council (BiH)
- Dr. Michael Paula, Head of the Department for Energy and Environmental Technologies, Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (AT) (to be confirmed)
Day 2: 20th May – Renewable Heat and Biomass, Road to a Sustainable Transport sector, Main Lessons from NECPs
- Biljana Grbić, Advisor, Energy Community Secretariat
- Julian Popov, Fellow, European Climate Foundation
- Tomas Smejkal, Head of the Strategy Unit, Ministry of Industry and Trade (CZ)
- Martin Sambale, Expert, EZA – Energie- und Umweltzentrum Allgäu (DE)
- Matjaž Vrčko, Head of Public Transportation Division, Ministry of Infrastructure (SI)