* QS 2023 Masters in Management Ranking
** Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking
The Corvinus MSc Management and Leadership (MiML) is a holistic double degree business programme that will develop you into a strategic thinker and implementer, giving you the tools to become a global business leader.
This unique 120 ECTS master degree programme incorporates the exclusive CEMS Master in International Management program. CEMS assure a truly international exposure with a compulsory study abroad semester at one of the 34 top-ranked CEMS schools worldwide. After the two-year program, graduates join the 16,000-member CEMS alumni of 111 nationalities working in 75 countries, as well as the alumni of the Corvinus Management and Leadership programme that has 30-year track record of advancing top Hungarian and regional companies by future leaders.
The programme links management areas – strategy, processes, technology – with leadership aspects such as innovation, organisational culture, and motivation.
You will learn how to design new business models, agile organisations, or future-proof human resource (HR) processes in a digitalized world, and also how to implement them by leading people. You will also develop your soft skills – such as critical thinking, creativity, collaboration and communication.
You will grow your international network and have the chance to live and study in Budapest and one semester abroad. The programme will give you all-round, senior-level business acumen to become a key, global decision-maker.
This programme is the ideal next step for recent graduates with business-related degrees. A strong academic background in business-related studies is required for this programme (please see minimum credit requirements below). Excellent command of English must be certified by specific language exams accepted by CEMS (please see details below). Professional experience is not required (as opposed to the Corvinus MBA program), though most of our students have internship-based or part-time work experience.
The application period is now closed for September 2023. The application period for September 2024 will open in November.
1. Organisation Behaviour and Leadership
2. Managing Organisations
3. Global Marketing
4. Decision Making Skills
1. Global Strategy
2. Global Leadership
3. CEMS Business Project
4. Compulsory exchange semester
* The above is not an exhaustive list. Corvinus University of Budapest reserves the right to change courses.
Self-funded students meeting eligibility criteria may apply for Visegrad scholarships.
Corvinus University of Budapest endorses the Visegrad Scholarship programme for MA, MSc and MBA applicants from Central Eastern Europe.
The scholarship makes the outstanding possibility of international higher education at Corvinus accessible and financially viable for more students in this region and beyond!
The only way to apply for this programme is as self-funded applicant.
• Completed bachelor/undergraduate degree (Note: there is no exemption from the oral admission exam based on EQUIS/AACSB accredited degree!)
• CEMS English language requirements: TOEFL iBT100; IELTS 7.0; CPE C; CAE B; BEC Higher B; PTE 68; Corvinus Oeconom C1; OR have a Bachelor’s diploma entirely taught in English from an English speaking country or in a CEMS or EQUIS/ AACSB-accredited institution; OR English as the mother tongue
• Admission exams (Business Economics in written + CEMS oral interview)
• For more, please click here!
The minimum number of credits for admittance into the Master’s programme based on previous studies is 60 credit:
• 15 credits in the field of methodology (mathematics, statistics, computer science);
• 10 credits in the field of economics (micro- and macroeconomics, international economics, environmental economics, economic theory, economic statistics, history of economic theory, economic modelling, economic policy, sectoral and functional economics, community economics);
• 15 credits in the field of business studies (business economics, business law, marketing, finance, accounting, decision theory and methodology, business ethics, business communication, taxation, corporate finance);
• 10 credits in social sciences (EU studies, public policy, economic history, sociology, philosophy, psychology);
• 10 credits in the field of professional knowledge (value chain management, leadership and organisation, business planning, enterprise management, strategic planning, controlling, human resource management, management development, information systems).
• To be admitted to the Master’s programme, students must have at least 30 credits in the above areas based on their previous studies. The missing credits in the Master’s programme must be acquired in accordance with the study and examination regulations of the higher education institution.
Tip: to quickly calculate your credits in ECTS, divide learning hours by 30!
Learning hours should be formally described, but can be constituted of classroom hours, private study and assessment.
As a result of the 30-year history of our Management and Leadership programme, our alumni are key decision makers at the most influential companies in Hungary and the CEE region. Based on the theoretical knowledge and the extraordinary practical experience of our broad and renowned faculty, even our recent graduates are young talents who design and drive the 21st century (digital, agile etc.) transformation of organizations and ventures. Now, by offering the English version of this program with the CEMS-MIM double degree incorporated, an even more international student body join us to strengthen their holistic vision, outstanding skills and professional success.
Dr. Péter Móricz
#251-300 QS WUR Ranking By Subject
In Business for 2021.
#12 CEMS program in QS 2023 Masters in Management Ranking
#94 Corvinus MiML in Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking 2023
CEMS Global Alliance in Management Education
Master in International Management
Join the renowned Master’s in International Management one-year programme which was developed by scientific and business leaders to bring you one of the most efficient and successful training in the world with the best practices in domestic and international leadership.
Our graduates secure roles such as Head of Strategic Development, Director of Business Development, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Consultant, Partner.
Our graduates are working at prestigious companies like MOL, Telekom, Raiffeisen, McKinsey, Google.
On 10th January we will hold an online open day with English presentations!
Find out more about us and life on campus!
Find out more about the benefits of living, studying and graduating in Budapest.
See our full list of graduate programmes in English.