Wondering how to use your math and IT knowledge in value creation? Interested in supporting decision making and enhancing business operations? Are you keen to discover insights in big data? Do you want to possess the knowledge about how to
Our practice-oriented degree program provides you opportunities to explore these fields and acquire competences in data modelling and data analytics. Individual and teamwork will equip you with strong methodological, IT and business competences. You can improve your skills at our partner universities and companies. If you want to continue the journey in this field, you can apply for several Masters and later PhD studies.
Programme name: Data Science in Business
Programme award: Bachelor, BSc
Duration: 8 semesters (4 years)
Approximate teaching hours per week: 16-18 hours
Internship: 480 hours
Start date: 2023
Tuition fees EEA per semester: 900.000 HUF
Tuition fees EEA total: 7.200.000 HUF
Tuition fees Non-EEA per semester: 3200 EUR
Tuition fees Non-EEA total: 25 600 EUR
The application period for Stipendium Hungaricum and the Diaspora scholarship programmes is now closed for September 2023. The application period for September 2024 will open in November.
1. Business economics, Accounting
3. Introduction to the data science and programming, Advanced programming, Database systems
4. Project management in data science
1. Business and operation management, Management accounting, Marketing
2. Statistics and data visualisation, Statistical modeling
3. Software developing, Advanced database systems
4. Data wrangling (project subject), Self-service BI, Data analytics in an enterprise environment
1. Data science in supply chain management, Corporate finance, Data analysis of financial markets (project subject), Decision techniques
2. Statistical methods of time series analysis, Panel modeling
3. Big data architecture, Machine learning in Practice, Text mining,
4. Data warehouses and business analytics
Internship, elective courses
* The above is not an exhaustive list. Corvinus University of Budapest reserves the right to change modules.
Will be available soon
You can ask the Student Services for further information via email@example.com email address.
Hungarian citizens with foreign high school diplomas can now apply to Corvinus through DreamApply.
Note: there are three ways to apply to Corvinus as an international student:
You have probably visited the bottom of this page because you want to embark on the exciting and challenging journey that this training programme offers you. You want to be equipped with the competencies to overcome the obstacles that arise from inadequate data structures and challenging business processes. You are interested in uncovering the hidden relationships behind data and communicating your findings to stakeholders in a convincing way. If you recognize yourself, you are welcome to apply for our degree programme!
Borbásné Szabó Ildikó
#251-300 QS WUR Ranking By Subject
In Economics and Econometrics Studies for 2021.
“Studying Sociology at Corvinus has taught me a lot. The compulsory modules are of crucial importance to anyone diving in the realm of social studies for the very first time. Besides, I’ve loved being able to take elective courses in business and finances which has helped me expand my expertise beyond sociology. After all, it’s a compound science requiring knowledge outside the range of one or two fields. It’s also been amazing to see more international students, it truly helps feeling more at home. The university is developing day by day which makes it a great destination for any student who’d like to keep themselves up to date. ”
Find out more about us and life on campus!
Find out more about Stipendium Hungaricum and Diaspora scholarship programmes.
Corvinus University of Budapest
Hungary 1093 Budapest Fővám tér 8.