A perfect opportunity to become an expert in health-policy and health economics
Health Policy, Planning and Financing is a multidisciplinary programme designed to train healthcare professionals (including doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacists and therapists) and business graduates (from fields of economics, political science, sociology, public administration). The programme provides knowledge in healthcare financing, management and evaluation along with the business side of healthcare.
If you envision a career as a health economic expert, or you are interested in healthcare policies, this programme is the perfect choice for you.
You will be able to critically evaluate micro and macro level problems within the healthcare sector and construct innovative solutions. The programme aims to capacitate students in devising strategies, to achieve optimal policy outcomes for the society.
Dive into the economics of health. Learn how to analyse the potential effects of the pricing and financing methods of healthcare technologies and services. Multiple compulsory modules will give you the means to understand biostatistics, public health, healthcare law & ethics, and healthcare financing.
Admission for Health Policy, Planning and Financing programme requires BA/BSc or equivalent degree in economics-, social sciences or health disciplines, such as Applied Economics, Business and Management, Healthcare and Prevention, Healthcare Management, Sociology, Psychology, Public Service, etc.
*compulsory credit requirements stated below
Programme name: Health Policy, Planning and Financing
Programme award: Master, MSc
Duration: 4 semesters (2 years)
Teaching hours: 10-16 hours/week
Start date: September 2024
Tuition fees (EEA): 990 000 HUF per semester
Total tuition fees (EEA): 3 960 000 HUF
Tuition fees (Non-EEA): € 3 300 per semester
Total tuition fees (Non-EEA): € 13 200
1. Introduction to Health Economics
2. Health Policy and Public Health
3. Health Care Financing
4. Health Informatics
1. Valuation of Health
2. Health Economics
3. Health Economic Modelling
4. Survey Research Methods in Healthcare
* The above is not an exhaustive list. Corvinus University of Budapest reserves the right to change modules.
• Stipendium Hungaricum (for non-EU nationals from >70 countries)
• Diaspora scholarships (for international students with Hungarian ancestry).Both scholarships entitle you to:
• Free tuition for the duration of your studies
• 43,700 HUF (c. €120) per month for the duration of your studies (for living costs)
• University accommodation or an additional 40,000 HUF (c. €110) per month for the duration of your studies (accommodation allowance)
• Medical insurance.Eligibility requirements apply, so please click on “Scholarship opportunities” for more information.
Note: there are three ways to apply to Corvinus as an international student:
1. Self-funded route (available for all applicants)
2. Stipendium Hungaricum route – non-EU applicants only, further restrictions apply
3. Diaspora scholarship route – non-EU nationals with Hungarian heritage only, further restrictions apply
• Completed bachelor/undergraduate degree
• GRE, GMAT, NMAT exams
• Meet minimum credit requirement
• For more, please click here!
In Hungary, there are legal pre-requisite credit requirements to study graduate programmes.
Please make sure you meet the minimum requirements for this programme before applying.
The minimum number of credits needed to enter the Master’s training is 30 from the areas of Economics, Social Policy, Statistics, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Communication, Computing, Epidemiology, Public Health Medicine, Healthcare Informatics, Healthcare Management.
Tip: to quickly calculate your credits in ECTS, divide learning hours by 30!
Learning hours should be formally described, but can be constituted of classroom hours, private study and assessment.
As part of an outstanding international team, our students can improve their skills and knowledge in health economics and policy. They will learn about healthcare financing models, health economics, health policy, and understand the challenges of modern health systems. In addition, talented students can engage in health economics research at the university and gain practical experience in a particular field.
Dr. Valentin Brodszky
#350-400 for Economics and Econometrics
“I believe that my experience at Corvinus was essential for me to expand my professional knowledge. Studying Health Policy, Planning and Financing I could see the passion that professors and students have for health and its development. This has tremendously motivated me to learn more about healthcare systems and the social, economic, and political environments in which they operate, further developing my expertise.“
Our graduates progress to roles including: Healthcare Insurer, Healthcare Consultant, Healthcare Manager, Healthcare Financial Counsellor, Healthcare Financial Analyst.
Our graduates are working at prestigious companies like National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, Pfizer, MSD and Deloitte.
Check in again to see when our next open day will be!
Find out more about us and life on campus!
Find out more about the benefits of living, studying and graduating in Budapest.
See our full list of graduate programmes in English.