Represent regional, national and international interests by gaining a deep understanding of the sensitive global problems of society and the political world.
Our International Relations programme will give you a strong platform, from which you can build your knowledge and skills, in order to handle various challenges relating to foreign affairs – laying the foundation of your diplomatic career.
You will gain a high-level of theoretical knowledge and hone your cross-cultural skills, taking a glimpse at the real-life work of diplomats and international organisations.
Get prepared for a career in international and regional institutions, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and multinational companies (MNCs) with the variety of modules included in the programme.
You will gain an insight into the world’s most intriguing problems and political questions. For example, how to handle challenges arising from the European integration processes.
Importantly, you will learn much about other cultures and international cooperation.
Lectures and seminars are frequently held by guest speakers, including the representatives of the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and of diplomatic missions and international organisations such as the EU, UNICEF, IOM, UNHCR etc.
This programme offers a fantastic networking opportunity for future diplomats and others international professionals.
Programme name: International Relations
Programme award: Bachelor, BA
Duration: 6 semesters (3 years)
Teaching hours: approx. 12 – 16 hours/week
Includes internship: Compulsory
Start date: September 2024
Tuition fees (EEA): 800 000 HUF per semester
Total tuition fees (EEA): 4 800 000 HUF
Tuition fees (Non-EEA): € 2 800 per semester
Total tuition fees (Non-EEA): € 16 800
1. Introduction to Political Science
2. Introduction to Economics
3. Comparative Political Economy
4. Research Methodology: Theories, Concepts and Research Design
1. International Law
2. China Studies
3. US Foreign Policy: Theoretical Frameworks, Actors, Cases
4. History of Civilisations
1. Security Studies
2. Regional Studies
3. Global Social Change and Inequalities
4. International Political Economy
* The above is not an exhaustive list. Corvinus University of Budapest reserves the right to change modules.
• Completed high school/secondary education (or higher)
• An oral interview about your personal motivations regarding your study and career
• B2 level of English, proven by a certificate
• For more, please click here!
Note: there are three ways to apply to Corvinus as an international student:
1. Self-funded route (available for all applicants)
2. Stipendium Hungaricum route – non-EU applicants only, further restrictions apply
3. Diaspora scholarship route – non-EU nationals with Hungarian heritage only, further restrictions apply
#400-450 for Social Sciences and Management
“Having the opportunity to study at one of Hungary’s top universities is something I am extremely proud of. The International Relations undergraduate programme is a great start for anyone concerned with politics, social issues, and economic relations. If you are planning a career in the field, make sure to check out the student societies – such as the International Diplomatic Student Association at Corvinus (IDSA). They provide you with hand-on experience in politics and communication through embassy visits, skills development courses, UN simulations, and much, much more! Beside the well-crafted curriculum and essential student societies to be joined, Corvinus offers an exceptional campus, which is not only aesthetically pleasing but also practical and technologically integrated. The instructors are well informed and approachable, making the study process even easier. ”
Our graduates have secured roles in:
Find out more about us and life on campus!
Find out more about Stipendium Hungaricum and Diaspora scholarship programmes.