For emerging managerial talent, leaders of SMEs and entrepreneurs – our Executive MBA can help you to discover and realize your best self, elevate your career and grow your business internationally!
The Corvinus-MSM-SEED Executive MBA is an international dual degree program, offered by Corvinus University of Budapest and Maastricht University (UM) – Maastricht School of Management (MSM), with SEED Executive School as an associate partner.
The Corvinus-MSM-SEED Executive MBA is a transformational programme that gives you the tools to become an effective and responsible leader thriving in a complex international business environment. You will develop core knowledge of all the functional areas of business (at an executive level), with a strong emphasis on teamwork and complex problem-solving.
This Executive MBA will mould you into a future leader with a strong network and influence in Central Europe!
Graduates will receive an Executive MBA diploma from Corvinus University of Budapest and an MSc degree from Maastricht University (UM).
The programme is ideal for professionals living in Hungary or neighbouring countries as teaching takes place over one intensive weekend each month (typically from Thursday – to Sunday) at Corvinus University of Budapest. Two international weeks are held at UM, in Maastricht.
This programme is the only EFMD accredited MBA in Hungary.
Duration: 4 semesters
Teaching days per month: three (Fri-Sat-Sun) or four (Thu-Fri-Sat-Sun) full days once a month
Start date: October 2023
Form of financing: self-funded
• 5000 EUR/semester
Application deadline: 15 September
Study method: 100% in-person
• 29 Sep – 1 Oct 2023
• 12 – 15 Oct 2023
• 3 – 5 Nov 2023
• 24 – 26 Nov 2023
• 15 – 17 Dec 2023
• 23 – 25 Feb 2024
• 22 – 24 Mar 2024
• 12 – 14 Apr 2024
• 26 – 28 Apr 2024
• 10 – 12 May 2024
• Personalised leadership development journey – you will create an individual development programme to match your professional goals, which you will reflect upon and re-evaluate throughout your studies.
• Professional application – you will undertake learning projects and peer-to-peer learning.
• Real business experience – you will benefit from our close cooperation with the leading regional (and multi-national) companies.
• Social Enterprise Challenge – work with peers on real life unstructured problems with innovators, social entrepreneurs and researchers.
• Exceptional faculty – you will be taught by leading professors, genuine executives and (ex)CEOs of the region.
• Proactive teaching methodology – engage in case studies, simulations, leadership assessment and teamwork activities.
• Exceptional peers – you will study with likeminded, ambitious professionals and develop your network with the future leaders of the region.
1. Managing Cultural Diversity
2. Corporate Finance and Finlab
3. Corporate Responsibility and Ethics
4. Digital Transformation and Process Management
1. Entrepreneurship and Innovation
2. Management Control
3. Global Supply Chain Management
4. Design Sprint
Kick-off: Teambuilding and Case solving method workshop
Core courses: Offer a general management vision of the entire company
• Economics and Beyond
• Global Corporate Strategy
• Corporate Finance and Finlab
• Managing Cultural Diversity
Integrative courses: Change Management
Case study/simulation based integrative courses at the end of each semester, where cross-disciplinary, cross-departmental collaborations adress the complexity of business reality.
Leadership development journey
Throughout the program each participant will develop competencies along a personal leadership development plan, increasing self-awareness and the positive impact on people, teams and organizations.
• BA/BSc diploma and transcript
• Motivation letter (minimum 600 words)
• Certificate(s) proving 5 years of work experience from your employer(s)
• Two signed letters of recommendation from your employer(s) on company headed paper
• Proficiency in English is tested based on the submitted application and a personal interview.
Please note that the committee may decide to ask for taking an additional test.
• One of the following:
o GMAT: 600
o GRE: 160
o Or, you will be required to complete these four levelling modules at the start of your studies:
– Foundations of Quantitative Research Techniques and Statistics
– Foundations of Microeconomics
– Foundations of Business Finance
– Foundations of Accounting
Andrea Toarniczky is associate professor at Corvinus University of Budapest (CUB), where she teaches Organizational Behaviour, Organizational Culture, Diversity Management and gives personal development, management skills and teambuilding training at master, postgraduate and EMBA level. She studied physics and business at “Babes-Bolyai” University (BBU) (Cluj-Napoca, Romania) and international business at ESIAME (ESSCA (Angers, France) and CUB (Budapest, Hungary) joint postgraduate program) and she spent with research scholarship one semester at HEC, Paris (France). Andrea got her Ph.D. in 2012 from CUB (Hungary). Her main fields of interest are socialization in organizational and professional contexts of diverse groups and leadership development. Andrea participated in different national and international research projects and she published several articles in Hungarian and international journals. She is member of the European Group of Organizational Studies and European Association of Transactional analysis.
Andrea Toarniczky PhD
Our graduates have secured positions including:
• Managing Director
• Global CEO
• Regional Manager
• Finance Director
• Head of Human Resources
• EFMD accreditation
• AMBA accreditation
• AACSB accreditation
Partner university name: Maastricht University (UM) – Maastricht School of Management (MSM)
Partner university programme name: MBA
Partner university programme award: MSc
Managing Director/Celebi Aviation Holding, Turkey
I always led projects or departments in the early stages of my career. I was the COO for Turkey responsible for 26 airports, then I took the MD role of the Hungarian branch of the group. I wanted to continue developing myself and I started discussing my career with the Head of Group HR and the President to whom I was reporting. I decided to apply for an Executive MBA and chose Corvinus because of its strong reputation in the CEE. During the MBA my MD role was expanded to include Austria. The MBA has elevated my career further. Since graduating, I’ve taken control of the biggest entity in the group – Turkey – overseeing 32 airports and cargo and warehouse operations.