Associate Professor – ÁRH/6/2023
Corvinus is the leading university in the field of business and economics in Hungary and is centrally located at the heart of Europe. The University maintains an excellent position as a centre for research and teaching and attracts an international group of students and faculty. It offers a broad range of undergraduate, graduate, and executive programs in the areas of economics, business, and social sciences. Corvinus has been granted accreditation by AACSB, AMBA, EFMD and EAPAA, and is a member of several international networks such as CEMS, BSIS, PRME and CFA.
The Institute of Entrepreneurship and Innovation and the Corvinus Science Shop announce an open call for applications for a shared position (50-50%) in Associate Professor position in Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation for 3 year definite period of time. Different schemes for tenure track can be offered in case of mutual satisfaction
Starting date is spring semester 2024.
About the Institute of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Through its teaching, research, consultancy, mentoring, training, and professional support activities, the Institute of Entrepreneurship, and Innovation aims to foster and develop the entrepreneurial attitude, mind and toolset of students, graduates, and corporate partners to support them exploit future opportunities by turning innovative ideas into action. The newly established institute also attempts to support the University in the foundation of a university-level business incubation center and act as a supportive catalyst of entrepreneurial culture and behavior across the University. At the Institute, the candidates are expected to conduct research within innovation management and entrepreneurship, and their interests should be linked to the strategic priorities of the Corvinus Science Shop as well in:
- Social entrepreneurship and social innovation,
- Responsible research and innovation,
- Participatory and community-engaged research.
About the Corvinus Science Shop
As a Competence Center of the University the Science Shop promotes dialogue between science and society. It is a meeting point for the local community and the academic community. The Science Shop channels the questions of community partners – civil society organization, non-profits and social enterprises – to lecturers, researchers, and students of the university in order to provide responses through community engaged research and learning. The science shop facilitates the relationships of community and academic partners, supports the development of community engagement skills and competencies of academic audiences, runs research on e.g., social entrepreneurship and other research topics with and for society.
Job description and key duties:
- Teaching duties:
- Teaching of subjects belonging to the education portfolio of the Institute of Entrepreneurship and Innovation in weekly class hours as defined by the Academic Career Model.
- Provide lectures on MA and PhD levels
- Develop and innovate course design and teaching material in Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation,
- Research duties:
- Writing articles in prestigious international journal in the field of Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation (in top-ranked, peer-reviewed international journals, min. 1 Q1 or 2 Q2 per year),
- Participating at important international and domestic conferences, building international scientific relationships, getting involved in research projects, active research application activity in the field of Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation, thus securing the resources of the research projects and contributing to the internationalisation of the Institute and the University.
- Service duties:
- Active participation in the professional public life of the Institute of Entrepreneurship and Innovation and the University, performing service tasks determined by the head of the institute.
- Supporting early-career academics at the university, supervising PhD students as well as students participating in student competition.
- Mentoring assistant professor colleagues in the institute.
- Support the establishment and expansion of embeddedness into international research networks.
Qualifications and experience:
- Doctorate obtained at least 3 years before in innovation management, social entrepreneurship, or related area,
- Sufficient teaching experience gained in higher education: minimum 400 contact hours in sum, from which 40 in English language
- Research activity (on international level) and publication of research results in highly ranked international scientific journals: at least 3 international papers in the research area of the applicant from which at least 1 Q1 or 2 Q2 in the year of publishing (no predatory journal), max. 3 authors and the applicant is first or corresponding author
- Minimum 10 independent international, Scopus citations
- H-index: minimum: 5 (according to MTMT or equivalent)
- Talent management: Officially included in the supervision of at least 1 doctoral student (co-supervision is possible), or as senior researcher works with a younger researcher, or supervisor in student competition, or principal investigator of a project which involves younger colleagues or PhD students with the objective to introduce/improve them to/in research.
- Student evaluation, min. 4.0 (or equivalent, 80%) in the last 3 years
- Experience in the acquisition and management of research projects and external funding,
- Desire to collaborate with local researchers in building up a research portfolio in social entrepreneurship and social innovation,
- Desire to collaborate with and support young faculty and PhD students,
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently,
- Knowledge of foreign languages, especially English.
- Student evaluation verifying teaching excellence
- Experience in fulfilling course leader duties
- Verifiable teaching development activity (curriculum development, methodological development
- Research activity with international impact, substantial international citation (verifiable)
- Active role in the activities of doctoral programs and/or mentoring of doctoral students
- Active role in talent management
- Experience in the coordination of research groups with the involvement of doctoral students and young colleagues
- International embeddedness, regular participation in international conferences, membership in international networks
- Participation in the work of professional organisations
- Participation in the editing and/or membership in the editorial staff of domestic and international journals
- International experience and strong ties with the relevant international networks and communities be an advantage.
Documents and certificates to be submitted as part of the application:
- Curriculum Vitae including the detailed presentation of the teaching, research and service activities and results
- Summary table of achievements (Please fill in the Summary table Excel for associate professor applications)
- Cover letter, including the presentation of future academic plans (educational, teaching development and research plans)
- References written by at least two reputable leading professors or researchers of the discipline (signed, scanned)
- Research paper, job market paper, working paper, doctoral dissertation
- Scanned copies of the documents verifying the university degree, scientific rank (e.g., PhD degree) and of the documents verifying other professional qualifications (in case of scientific ranks obtained abroad, the nostrification will be arranged in the next phase of the selection procedure.)
Remuneration and benefits:
- Favourable conditions regarding research facilities, data access
- Time devoted to research, travel support, etc.
- Employees receive social security benefits and health care
- A competitive salary is accompanied by 15% bonus in case of outstanding performance
- One time relocation support
- Additional benefits via ‘Szép card’ which can be used on food, accommodation, or leisure
- Being part of a friendly, collaborative network and team of researchers and lecturers
- The deadline for the submission of the application: 2023. 12. 31
- The applications shall be submitted by clicking on the APPLICATION button and by following the instructions on the bottom of the webpage.
- The next step of the selection procedure is that the selected applicants will be interviewed by the Academic Tenure and Promotion Committee. The selected applicants will be informed in a later phase about details and timing.