Research Professor – ÁRH/49/2023
Corvinus is the leading university in the field of business and economics in Hungary and is centrally located at the heart of Europe. The University maintains an excellent position as a centre for research and teaching and attracts an international group of students and faculty. It offers a broad range of undergraduate, graduate, and executive programs in the areas of economics, business, and social sciences. Corvinus has been granted accreditation by AACSB, AMBA, EFMD and EAPAA, and is a member of several international networks such as CEMS, BSIS, PRME and CFA.
The Institute of Sustainable Development announces an open call for applications for a part-time (20 hours/week) Research Professor position for indefinite period
The starting date for this role is as soon as possible.
Job description and key duties:
- Teaching duties:
- No teaching duties.
- Research duties:
- Writing articles in prestigious international and domestic journal in the field of agricultural economics.
- Working with the Institute of Sustainable Development on high quality research including joint publications
- Working with the Institute of Sustainable Development on joint research funding applications such as to Horizon Europe
- Service duties
- Advice to PhD students and staff through face-to-face consultations on their research, publications, career development etc.
- Developing research and staff links between the Institute of Sustainable Development and the National Innovation Centre for Rural Enterprise
- Strengthen linkage between the Institute of Sustainable Development and Newcastle University more generally, establishing joint research activities and events.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- PhD degree and professorship in any relevant discipline
- Extensive publication track record in highly ranked journals in agricultural economics
- Internationally recognised outstanding scientific performance: authorship of at least ten international (written in English) Q1 articles (where the applicant is the sole or first author of at least one of them).
- Track record of successful PhD supervision in any relevant discipline
- Membership at relevant national and international scientific organisations
- Demonstrated experience in leading or participating in national or international research projects.
- Research activity with international impact, substantial international citation (verifiable)
- Active role in the activities of doctoral programs and/or mentoring of doctoral students
- Active role in talent management
- Experience in the coordination of research groups with the involvement of doctoral students and young colleagues
- Regular participation in international conferences, membership in international networks
- Participation in the work of professional organisations
- Participation in the editing and/or membership in the editorial staff of domestic and international journals
Documents and certificates to be submitted as part of the application:
- Curriculum Vitae including a detailed presentation of teaching, research and service activities and results
- Summary table of achievements (Please fill in the Summary table Excel for professor applications)
- Cover letter, including the presentation of future academic plans (educational, teaching development and research plans)
- References written by at least two reputable leading professors or researchers of the discipline (signed, scanned)
- Scanned copies of the documents verifying the university degree, scientific rank (e.g. PhD degree) and of the documents verifying other professional qualifications. (In case of scientific ranks obtained abroad, the nostrification will be arranged in the next phase of the selection procedure.)
- In case of university professor applicants who already have been appointed by the President of Hungary the document certifying this nomination shall be provided.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Favourable conditions regarding research facilities, data access
- Time devoted to research, travel support, etc.
- A competitive salary is accompanied by 15% bonus in case of outstanding performance
- One time relocation support for candidates moving to Hungary
- Additional benefits via ’Cafeteria’ allowance
- The deadline for the submission of the application: 5 April 2023
- The applications shall be submitted by clicking on the APPLICATION button and by following the instructions on the bottom of the webpage.
- The next step of the selection procedure is that the selected applicants will be interviewed by the Academic Tenure and Promotion Committee. The selected applicants will be informed at a later phase about details and timing.
For further information:
Please, feel free to e-mail us in administrative matters email@example.com and in academic matters Prof. Attila Jambor at firstname.lastname@example.org