Assistant/Associate Professor – ÁRH/14/2024
Corvinus University of Budapest is a leading university in business and social sciences in the Central-Eastern European region.
We regularly launch new, innovative programs, and our faculty continue to improve their teaching and research output (we have been reaching 250 Q1/Q2 publications annually since 2021)
Corvinus is an active member of the international business school community. It has around 150 partnerships with leading institutions, received an number international accreditations (AACSB, AMBA, EPAS) and its EQUIS re-accreditation is in progress. The University is a member of the AACSB, PRME, PMI, CEMS, and EFMD communities. Furthermore, due to our impact on the local environment, we also received the BSIS label. Our master’s degree in Management and Leadership is ranked among the Financial Times’ best master’s in management programs.
Our vision is to become a leading university in business and social sciences in the Central European region. To reach this vision, we need to increase our international visibility even further, by hiring well-established international scholars, further increasing its Q1/Q2 publications, and significantly increasing the ratio of the English language programs and international students.
The Institute of Strategy and Management is currently looking for an Assistant/Associate Professor. A successful candidate will work alongside enthusiastic colleagues and teach some of the best students in Hungary.
We also offer a competitive remuneration package, a conference budget, and a beautiful working place in the heart of Budapest by the Danube River overlooking the Freedom Bridge and the Buda Castle.
This is a 3-year definite period position starting in the autumn semester of 2024.
The starting date is the autumn semester of 2024.
Job description and key duties:
- Teaching duties:
- English language courses/classes on competitive strategy, global strategy and related fields.
- Weekly 10-12 hours of teaching load depending on consultation and mentoring.
- Mentoring students and thesis consultation (BSc and MSc).
- Opportunity to be included in the international case competition mentoring team.
- Research duties:
- Participation in the research activities of the institute in national and international projects, especially in the field of competitive strategy, international strategy, or global strategy.
- Participation in international academic association(s) and their international conference(s).
- Service duties
- Participation in PhD, MSc, and BSc administrative duties (final and comprehensive exams, supervisory activities, etc.).
Essential qualifications and experience:
- At least 3 years of teaching and research experience gained in higher education, or at least 3 years of professional experience.
- Prepared to teach at the required level of standard (has the knowledge, experience, and language skills) in the discipline of the courses.
- Research achievement, regular domestic and international publications
- The candidate must meet the job requirements set out in the Corvinus Academic Career Model.
- Membership in topic relevant international academic association (SMS, AIB, EIBA, etc.) or participation in PhD workshop(s) in topic relevant international academic association
- Feedback (student evaluation, evaluation of direct supervisor) verifying teaching excellence.
- Teaching experience
- Experience gained in international research projects including ongoing research, publications under review, and project proposals in progress.
- Experience in the organisation of research projects
- Participation in domestic and international conferences
- Considerable publication results
- PhD obtained at a university with remarkable international ranking (ARWU, QS)
Documents and certificates to be submitted as part of the application:
- Curriculum Vitae including the detailed presentation of the teaching, research and service activities and results
- Cover letter, including the presentation of future academic plans (educational, teaching development and research plans)
- References written by at least two reputable leading professors or researchers of the discipline.
- Doctoral dissertation
- Scanned copies of the documents verifying the university degree, scientific rank (eg. PhD degree), and the documents verifying other professional qualifications. (In case of scientific ranks obtained abroad, the nostrification will be arranged in the next phase of the selection procedure.)
Remuneration and benefits:
- Favourable conditions regarding research facilities, data access
- Time devoted to research, travel support, etc.
- A competitive salary is accompanied by a 15% bonus in case of outstanding performance
- One-time relocation support for candidates moving to Hungary
- Fringe benefits
- The deadline for the submission of the application is 2024. 03. 03.
- The applications shall be submitted by clicking on the APPLY button and by following the instructions at the bottom of the webpage.