Associate Professor and Senior Research Fellow – ARH/239/2023
The Corvinus University of Budapest has more than 100 years of history and is Hungary’s leading university in the fields of business sciences, economics and social sciences.
It currently has around 11,500 students, including almost 2,000 international students.
The staff and students of the institution can spend their everyday lives in the heart of Budapest, in an impressive monument building overlooking the Danube.
Our university has obtained EFMD and EAPAA accreditation, as well as being the only Hungarian business university with AACSB and AMBA international institutional accreditation.
Our institution is a member of several international networks such as CEMS, BSIS, PRME and CFA. We are proud that we won the title of the most sustainably developing university in 2022 in the UI GreenMetric world ranking.
The Institute of Social and Political Sciences and Corvinus Institute for Advanced Studies (CIAS) are welcoming applications for the Associate Professor and Senior Research Fellow (50% – 50%) position for an indefinite period.
The starting date is the spring semester of 2024.
Job description and key duties:
- Teaching subjects belonging to the education portfolio of the Institute of Social and Political Sciences in weekly class hours as defined by the Academic Career Model.
- Writing articles in prestigious international and domestic journals in the field of (computational) social and political sciences/sociology, network and data science.
- Participating at important international and domestic conferences, building international scientific relationships
- Getting involved in research projects, active research application activity in the field of computational social and political sciences, network, and data science, thus securing the resources of the research projects and contributing to the internationalisation of the Institute and the University.
- Active participation in the professional life of the Institute of Social and Political Sciences and the CIAS, performing service tasks determined by the head of the Institute and the Dean of CIAS.
- Supporting early-career academics at the university, supervising PhD students as well as students participating in student scientific conferences.
- Mentoring assistant professor and junior research fellow colleagues in the Institute and at CIAS.
Qualifications and experience
- Doctorate obtained at least 3 years before
- Sufficient teaching experience gained in higher education: minimum 400 contact hours in sum, from which 40 in English language
- Research activity (on an international level) and publication of research results in highly ranked international scientific journals: at least 3 international papers (written in English) in the research area of the applicant from which at least 1 Q1 or 2 Q2 in the year of publishing (no predatory journal), max. 3 authors and the applicant is the first or corresponding author
- Minimum 20 independent international, Scopus citations
- H-index: minimum: 5 (according to MTMT or equivalent)
- Talent management: Officially included in the supervision of at least 1 doctoral student (co-supervision is possible), or as senior researcher works with a younger researcher, or supervisor in the student competition or principal investigator of a project which involves younger colleagues or PhD students with the objective to introduce/improve them to/in research.
- Student evaluation, min. 4.0 (or equivalent, 80%) in the last 3 years
- Student evaluation verifying teaching excellence
- Experience in fulfilling course leader duties
- Verifiable teaching development activity (curriculum development, methodological development)
- Ability and motivation to develop a new MA program in computational social and political sciences
- Research activity with international impact, substantial international citation (verifiable), PhD obtained in top international university
- Active role in talent management
- Experience in the coordination of research groups with the involvement of doctoral students and young colleagues in an international context
- International embeddedness, regular participation in international conferences, membership in international networks, working at the top international university
- Ability and motivation to launch innovative research programmes in the field of computational social and political sciences
Documents to be submitted as part of the application process:
- Curriculum Vitae including a detailed presentation of teaching, research and service activities and results
- Summary table of achievements (Please fill in the Summary table Excel for associate professor applications)
- Cover letter, including the presentation of future academic plans (educational, teaching development and research plans)
- References written by at least two reputable leading professors or researchers of the discipline (signed, scanned)
- Research paper
- Scanned copies of the documents verifying the university degree, scientific rank (eg. PhD degree) and of the documents verifying other professional qualifications. (In case of scientific ranks obtained abroad, the nostrification will be arranged in the next phase of the selection procedure.)
Renumeration and benefits:
- Favourable conditions regarding research facilities, data access
- Time devoted to research, travel support, etc.
- A competitive salary is accompanied by a 15% bonus in case of outstanding performance
- One-time relocation support (applicable for applicants moving to Hungary.)
- Fringe benefits
- The deadline for the submission of the application is 2023. 11. 22.
- Applications have to be submitted by clicking on the APPLICATION button and by following the instructions at the bottom of the webpage.
- The next step of the selection procedure is that the selected applicants will be interviewed by the Academic Tenure and Promotion Committee. The selected applicants will be informed in a later phase about details and timing.