Assistant Lecturer – ARH/240/2023
Corvinus University of Budapest has over a 100-year-old history and is one of the leading universities in Hungary in Business and Management, Economics, and Social Sciences.
We have around 11,500 students, of which, approximately 2,000 are international.
We are located in a stunning UNESCO Heritage building overlooking the Danube River, in the heart of Budapest.
We have been granted accreditation by EFMD and EAPAA and we are the only Hungarian business university to have two international institutional accreditations by AACSB and AMBA. Additionally, we are members of several international networks such as CEMS, BSIS, PRME, and CFA.
We are proud to have won the most sustainably developing university title in UI GreenMetric’s world ranking in 2022.
The Institute of Data Analytics and Information Systems is welcoming applications for an Assistant Lecturer position for 1 year definite period.
The starting date is the spring semester of 2024.
Job description and key duties:
- At least 12 lessons (1 lesson = 45 minutes) per week on average of two semesters)
- Undergraduate and graduate thesis supervision, exam, and final exam committee participation.
- Research activities within the Institute of Data Analytics and Information Systems meeting the requirements of an Assistant Lecturer position
- Preparation of research reports and regular publishing in leading international journals; meeting the publication requirements associated with the assistant lecturer position
- Talent management duties: consultancy in students’ scientific competitions.
- Participation in scientific professional conferences and events
- Comprehensive exam (also referred to as admission to candidacy or PhD qualifying exam) passed in a doctoral program.
- Higher education teaching/ research experience or research experience gained in the research centre.
- Experience in the teaching of at least one course (preferably in a language other than Hungarian) or participation in research project.
- academic publication activity.
- At least 3 years of professional/business experience
- Participation in national and international conferences
Documents and certificates to be submitted as part of the application:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Presentation of the teaching, research, and service performance and activities in three separate documents
- Cover letter, including the presentation of future academic plans (educational, teaching development, and research plans)
- References written by at least two reputable leading professors or researchers of the discipline (signed, scanned)
- Research paper
- Scanned copies of the documents verifying the university degree, scientific rank (eg. PhD degree), documents verifying other professional qualifications. (In case of scientific ranks obtained abroad, the nostrification will be arranged in the next phase of the selection procedure.)
Remuneration and benefits:
- Favourable conditions regarding research facilities, data access
- Time devoted to research, travel support, etc.
- A competitive salary is accompanied by a 15% bonus in case of outstanding performance
- One-time relocation support for the candidates moving to Hungary
- Additional benefits via ’Cafeteria’
- The deadline for the submission of the application is 2023. 11. 23.