Professor – ÁRH/47/2023
Corvinus is the leading university in the field of business and economics in Hungary and is centrally located at the heart of Europe. The University maintains an excellent position as a centre for research and teaching and attracts an international group of students and faculty. It offers a broad range of undergraduate, graduate, and executive programs in the areas of economics, business, and social sciences. Corvinus has been granted accreditation by AACSB, AMBA, EFMD and EAPAA, and is a member of several international networks such as CEMS, BSIS, PRME and CFA.
The Institute of Global Studies announces an open call for applications for a full-time Professor position for period of timeindefinite period.
The starting date is autumn semester 2023.
Job description and key duties:
- Teaching duties:
- Teaching of subjects belonging to the education portfolio of the Institute of Global Studies in weekly class hours as defined by the Academic Career Model. The applicant is expected to contribute to PhD programme with courses such as Ethnographic approaches of global processes; and the MA programme such as The social aspects and impacts of globalisation.
- Research duties:
- Writing articles in prestigious international and domestic journal in the field of global migration, globalisation of Chinese institutions and labour, nationalism.
- Participating at important international and domestic conferences, building international scientific relationships, getting involved in domestic and international research projects, active research application activity (incl. international research grants such), securing the resources of the research projects and contributing to the internationalisation of the Institute and the University.
- Service duties
- Active participation in the professional public life of the Institute of Global Studies and the University, performing service tasks determined by the head of the institute.
- Supporting early-career academics at the university, including supervising PhD students as well as students participating in student competition.
- Mentoring assistant professor and associate professor colleagues in the institute.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- PhD degree and habilitation in any relevant discipline
- Teaching and research experience in higher education: at least 800 contact hours from which 80 in English language
- Experience in fulfilling course leader duties: overall responsibility for at least one compulsory course or at least two optional courses
- Verifiable teaching development activity (curriculum development, methodological development): editor, first author, sole author or co-author of at least one coursebook or textbook, or a teaching aid or digital teaching material of 100 or more pages
- Extensive publication track record in highly ranked journals in the area of political science and international relations, development, arts and humanities.
- Internationally recognised outstanding scientific performance: authorship of at least two international (written in English) Q1 or Q2 articles (one of them must be Q1) and the applicant is the sole or first author of at least one of them. (One of these Q1/Q2 articles in the applicant’s field may be substituted by a book or part of a book published in English by a prestigious international publisher.)
- English teaching experience, teaching experience related to political science and international relations, development and anthropology.
- Track record of successful PhD supervision in any relevant discipline
- Membership at relevant national and international scientific organisations
- Demonstrated experience in leading or participating in national or international research projects.
- Feedback (student evaluation, evaluation of direct supervisor) verifying teaching excellence
- Research activity with international impact, substantial international citation (verifiable)
- Active role in the activities of doctoral programs and/or mentoring of doctoral students
- Active role in talent management
- Experience in the coordination of research groups with the involvement of doctoral students and young colleagues
- International embeddedness, regular participation in international conferences, membership in international networks
- Participation in the work of professional organisations
- Participation in the editing and/or membership in the editorial staff of domestic and international journals
Documents and certificates to be submitted as part of the application:
- Curriculum Vitae including a detailed presentation of teaching, research and service activities and results
- Summary table of achievements (Please fill in the Summary table Excel for professor applications)
- Cover letter, including the presentation of future academic plans (educational, teaching development and research plans)
- References written by at least two reputable leading professors or researchers of the discipline (signed, scanned)
- Scanned copies of the documents verifying the university degree, scientific rank (eg. PhD degree) and of the documents verifying other professional qualifications. (In case of scientific ranks obtained abroad, the nostrification will be arranged in the next phase of the selection procedure.)
- In case of university professor applicants who already have been appointed by the President of Hungary the document certifying this nomination shall be provided.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Favourable conditions regarding research facilities, data access
- Time devoted to research, travel support, etc.
- Employees receive social security benefits and health care
- A competitive salary is accompanied by 15% bonus in case of outstanding performance
- One time relocation support
- Additional benefits via ’Cafeteria’ allowance
- The deadline for the submission of the application: 5 April 2023
- The applications shall be submitted by clicking on the APPLICATION button and by following the instructions on the bottom of the webpage.
- The next step of the selection procedure is that the selected applicants will be interviewed by the Academic Tenure and Promotion Committee. The selected applicants will be informed in a later phase about details and timing.
For further information:
Please, feel free to e-mail us in administrative matters email@example.com and in academic matters Ágnes Szunomár at firstname.lastname@example.org