Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Corvinus University of Budapest has a 120-year history and is the leading university in Hungary in Business and Management, Economics and Social Sciences. Currently we have 12,000 students, of which, approximately 2,000 are international.
We are located in a stunning UNESCO Heritage building overlooking the Danube River, in the heart of Budapest.
We are AACSB and AMBA accredited and the only university in the world to hold both of these distinctions.
We are looking for two Postdoctoral Research Fellows for a full-time (40 hours/week) the Center for Collective Learning (CCL) at Corvinus University.
The Center for Collective Learning (CCL) is going to be a hub for data science research, with a focus on economic geography, urban science, and complex systems under the leadership of Professor César Hidalgo, a world-class researcher in data science, economic geography, and network science.
By leveraging synergies with outstanding research groups at Corvinus University, the Center for Collective Learning is projected to grow into a leading Centre for Data and Network Science.
About the role:
- The Research Fellow will work closely with faculty members to develop research projects and carry out related tasks.
- The Research Fellow will also be expected to present research findings at conferences, workshops, and other professional events.
- The ideal candidate will be fluent in English.
- We are open to people with various areas of expertise and backgrounds and with excellent communication and quantitative skills.
- The candidate should be passionate about research and culture and should be enthusiastic about working in a new lab.
- A university degree.
- Knowledge of research and academic culture.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
What we offer:
- Full-time, fixed-term employment contract for 30 months
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Opportunity to conduct research in a stimulating and supportive environment
- Supportive working environment
- Additional benefits via ‘Szép card’ which can be sed on food, accommodation, or leisure
- Hybrid work (a few days a week opportunity to work from home)
Place of work:
Corvinus University of Budapest, 1093 Budapest, Közraktár utca 4-6.
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your CV, a cover letter detailing your research experience and interests, the name and email of three professional references, a link to your professional website, and a link to your Google scholar profile by clicking on the Apply button.