|May - 2013|
|View month events|
Double Degree program between
Corvinus University of Economics, Faculty of Business Administration
Instituto Tecnologico Y De Estudios Superiores De Monterrey, Campus Chihuahua
Objective of the program:
The faculty of business administration of the Corvinus University of Budapest and ITESM Chihuahua in recognition of the value of international cooperation and student mobility, have decided to initiate a double degree program involving Corvinus FBA’s BA in Finance and Accounting (Finance Major) and ITESM’s BA in Financial Management (LAF program)
Language of instruction:
Selection criteria for students participating in the Double Degree program
- Be students in good academic standing. This means for:
Corvinus FBA students: a minimum of 3.0 GPA (Grade Point Average) on the scale of 5.0 ITESM;
Chihuahua students: a minimum of 80 (Grade Point Average) on the scale of 10.
- Possess the language skills required for the double degree program: Achieve a minimum TOEFL ITP score of 550 points.
Requirements for awarding the double degree
Students who have successfully completed all of the requirements of both programs, as well as a full academic year at Corvinus FBA shall be eligible to be awarded the double degree.
In order to receive a Corvinus FBA degree, students must
- acquire a minimum of 120 Corvinus academic credits. To achieve this, students must successfully complete an academic year in Hungary (2 semesters, 30 credits each semester) and successfully complete courses (min. 60 credits) held by Corvinus FBA professors at ITESM campuses in Mexico. The same rule applies for retakes.
- Complete a Thesis Work seminar and prepare and submit a thesis work under the supervision of a professor designated by Corvinus FBA.
- Successfully pass the comprehensive examination administered by Corvinus FBA.
- Successfully defend the Thesis Work in front of a 3-member committee designated by Corvinus FBA.
Requirements for awarding the certificate
Students who acquire a minimum of 60 Corvinus FBA credits, but do not acquire the 120 Corvinus FBA credits required for a Corvinus degree and/or do not fulfil the requirements for a Corvinus FBA degree, are eligible to receive a Certificate (supported by an official Corvinus FBA transcript) which attests to their participation in the program.
The curriculum for the BA in Finance and Accounting (Finance major)
The list of courses to be taught in the frame of Corvinus FBA instruction
Corporate Finance I.
Human Resources Management
Public Sector Economics
Corporate Financial Planning
International Accounting (IFRS)
Corporate Finance II
Structure of academic year
Learning Period I.
Learning Period II.
February - May
Learning Period III.
Caretakers of the program
Dr. Edina Berlinger, PhD
Administration of Agreement
Ms. Doris Keszthelyi
Application and Registration
Orientation and Welfare
Last modified: 2012.11.05.