|2011. 10. 17.|
|The Buda Campus of Corvinus University is celebrating its 150 anniversary|
The Budai Campus of Corvinus University had a special session on 14 October 2011 to celebrate the 150 anniversary of its existence.
The welcome addresses were held by dr. József Ángyán, parliamentary secretary of state, Ministry of Rural Development and Dr. László Dux, deputy secretary of state responsible for higher education, Ministry of National Resources.
The former Practical Educational Institution of Commercial Horticulture was established by dr. Ferenc Entz in 1853. It moved to its present location in Buda between Villányi and Somlói Streets on the south slope of Gellért hill in 1861, which used to be a vineyard those days.
As a result of the 150-year development of the institution the Campus today hosts three faculties of Corvinus University of Budapest: Faculty of Horticultural Science, Faculty of Food Science and the Faculty of Landscape Architecture. By these faculties focusing on agrarian education and with its almost 4000 students the Buda Campus has become one of the biggest and most manifold institutions of Hungarian agrarian higher education.
« Vissza a hírlistához