Mission and aims
Budapest Research Centre for Performance Management is functioning as an independent entity inside the Corvinus University of Budapest, serving as an organizational framework for enhancing multidisciplinary research on organizational performance.
Research activities of the Centre are focused on planning of organizational performance, performance measurement and evaluation as well as multidisciplinary analysis of performance reporting.
The members of the Research Centre are employed by various departments of the Faculty of Business Administration of Corvinus University of Budapest. They carry out educational, organizational and management, furthermore organizational development tasks at the University.
Performance Management Systems:
- Performance definitions (interpretation of the performance in various sectors, industries, organizational environments)
- Performance management and evaluation, concepts of performance management
- The elements of performance management systems (setting the performance targets, performance management measurement and evaluation, reporting)
- Introduction/adaptation of performance management systems (motivation of the introduction, segments, factors of critical success, "agents" of the change)
- Impacts of the performance management on organizational performance
The context of performance management:
- Different approaches of the performance in the business, public, and not-for-profit sector
- Relation between performance management and strategy of organizations
- The expectations of the organization's stakeholders and their appearance in the system of performance management
- Aspects of organizational behavior in performance management
Specific areas of performance management:
- Network performance
- Information system and output
- Performance Management and management control
- The measurement of non-tangible resources and their management
- Performance measurement and organizational changes
- Performance of public administration and public services
- Performance management in the pharmaceutical industry