|May - 2013|
|View month events|
MSc in Amenity Horticulture
The aim of the study is to provide Amenity Horticulture Engineers with the ability to work independently in order to create and sustain healthy human environment. They are aware of the ecological needs of plants and their propagation methods. They are able to fill planning and development engineering, research or leadership positions or continue their studies for a PhD degree.
Education is running as full time course.
The study period is 4 semesters.
The Amenity Horticulture Engineers are able to
- apply the newest research results and methods as well as practical processes in horticulture and plant selection
- fill leadership positions in horticulture and green area planting considering scientific, environmental, technological and economic requirements
- apply the complex, interdisciplinary knowledge in connection with ornamental plants concerning cultivation, sale, quality control and sustainability
- apply and develop ornamental plant cultivation systems with regard to the environment
- identify scientific problems and find solutions to them using and managing research and development programmes and projects
- critically adapt and creatively apply scientific literature
- dentify special problems, work out solutions, carry out innovative planning, development and research tasks
- provide special counselling
- manage projects and tenders
- organise and control cultivation processes, apply research results.
Requirements for entering the program
For foreign citizens:
- academic BSc/MSc or equivalent degree in agricultural/life or related sciences;
- English language (reading, writing, speaking, listening) knowledge.
Canditates are expected to have basic science knowledge (demonstrated in the transcript) in life sciences, natural resources, agriculture, economics. Based on the credits of the applicants obtained in former graduation, additional maximum 24 credits from missing disciplines may be required during the study.
Also eligible are applicants who will have completed a suitable degree by 31 July 2013, so that by the time of their enrollment they can present their diploma.
Candidates from countries where English is not the language of instruction need to have an internationally accepted English exam: TOEFL iBT min. 65, PBT 500, CBT 200 or IELTS at least a score of 5,5 or Cambridge CAE Certificate). These can be replaced by documentation of at least 2 years closed higher education study in an English program.
For Hungarian citizens: identical with that of the Hungarian language teaching form
Shedules of the selection procedure
For foreign citizens:
- Deadline for sending the application package: 31 March
- Deadline for sending the application package: 2 April
- Deadline of sending the application fee: 30 April
- Notification on admission/rejection/sending of the Learning Agreement (e-mail): 11 May
- Deadline for sending back the Learning Agreement and Payment of fee for the first 2 semester: 30 June
- Confirmation of the registration and possible start of visa application: after arriving the fee (latest 6 July)
- Start of courses: Middle of September 2013
In individual cases of application later then the above shedule, the process can be accelerated. However, for enrollment, in any case we need the arrival of Learning Agreement and Tuition Fee at latest till 31 July 2013.
For Hungarian citizens: identical with the application procedure for the Hungarian language teaching form.
Milestones of the study
- Semesters: Mid September – Mid December
- Exams: Mid December – End January
- Firm practice: 4 weeks after the 2nd semester
- Final exam: June of second year
Tuition fee: 1800 EURO/ semester (2 semesters must be paid in advance)
Includes the expenses of education and practices, using libraries, computers and internet at the Faculty rooms; all the advantages of a Student Card. The tuition fee does not include local travel, board, insurance, accomodation.
The fee of application procedure 100 EUR (paid in by 15 April, it will be refund from the 2nd year’s tuition fee). (Accomodation and living expenses in Budapest: appr. 400 -500 EURO/months.)
Application package includes
- application form (word.doc);
- diploma of previous studies (official English translation);
- detailed demonstration of former studies (English diploma supplement or official English copy of learning documents demonstrating the obtained credits and skills);
- motivation letter in English;
- copy of passport with photo;
- documents demonstrating English skills.
Documents should be posted to the following address (sending the documents electronically does not substitute sending them also in originals!):
Corvinus University of Budapest
Faculty of Horticultural Sciences
H-1118 Budapest, Villányi str. 29-43., Hungary
Further information: disz(at)uni-corvinus.hu
Last modified: 2012.11.07.