Our Department emphasizes the practical tranining on all branches, so there are some szudy and field trip, laboratory courses, plant visit.
Field pratices at the Experimental and Research Farm of the Corvinus University of Budapest in Soroksár
Agrometeorology and water management
Students can get acquainted with the mobil meteorological stations and the measurements methods of the weather monitoring equipments. The observation and analisation of the variability and vertical profils of the meteorological parameters in orchard can be useful for choosing of suitable cultivation technologies. Knowledge of charachteristic of the meterological factors in intensive cultivation can help the plant protection and irrigation planning, choosing of pruning and treatment techniques. Students analyse the temperature, relative humidity, global radiation and wind velocity data from three different hight (1m, 2m, 4m) measured in the orchard. They analyse the daily characters of the measured parameters at different canopy levels. They can check the different irrigation systems during their operation.
Survey of the environmental condition
At the framework of this course we show the correct and specialistic soil sample collection method from tillages, cultivated lands, meadows and pastures, on different sized and charactered soil parcells.
Agrochemistry and soil science
At this course students can get information about the „in situ” soil monitoring methods. There are on site morphological observations and investigations and students prepare report about their field work.
The Experimental and Research Farm is a really good area for the above mentioned invesogations due to its spatial soil heterogenity. There are three different soil type: Ramann-type brown forest soil, sandy soil with humus, meadow soil.
Air- and water protection
There are on site measurements by the River of Hosszúrét which is one of the most important small water-course in Budapest.
Student make morphological observations on the river site, and water course.
We organise water quality measurements close to supposed pollutants emmission point, and that samples are investigated partly „in situ” and than in laboratory conditions.
- Institute for Soil Sciences and Agricultural Chemistry, Center for Agricultural Research, Hungarian Academy of Sciences (Soil Science)
- Waste Recycling Plant in Rákospalota (Environmental management)
- National Institute of Environmental Health/ National Public Health and Medical Officer's Service (Protection of environmental elements)
- Gruber József water reservoir in the Gellérthegy (Protection of environmental elements)
- Drinking Water Plant in Csepel (Protection of environmental elements)
- Middle - Danube - Valley Inspectorate for Environmental Protection, Nature Conservation and Water Management. Ait Pollution monitoring station at the Kosztolányi Dezső Square (Protection of environmental elements)
- South West Wastewater Treatment Plant (Protection of environmental elements)
- Organica Water Ltd. – Harbor Park (Protection of environmental elements)
- Hungarian Meteorological Organisation, Marczell György Observatorium (Air and water protection)
- Environmental Protection and Water Management Scientific Research Institute (Air and water protection)
Laboratory work at the framework of the below mentioned courses
- Soil Science (Agricultural Engineering in Environmental Management on BSc level)
- Soil Science (Viner-winer on BSc level)
- Agrochemistry and Soil Science (Horticultural on BSc level)
- Agro-environmental knowledge (Agricultural Engineering in Environmental Management on BSc level )
- Air – and water protection (Agricultural Engineering in Environmental Management on BSc level)
- Planting and sustaining substances of the ornamental gardening (Horticultural on MSc level)
- Basemant of the natural sciences of the agrar production II. (Agricultural Engineering in Agricultural Computing and Policy Administration on BSc level)