|May - 2013|
|View month events|
Physical Education Departement and University Sports Centre
4-6 Közraktár Street, 1093 Budapest, floor 6, rooms 649-650
Phone number: +36-1/482-7193 or +36-1/482-7715
PE is an obligatory subject, you HAVE TO complete two courses during your first two academic years. But you CAN of course attend more than two, if you feel like it, WITH registration.
You can only register for one PE course a semester.
Should a student miss two classes at the beginning of the semester, her/his name will be automatically deleted by the teacher.
Conditions of acceptance
- active class participation (please don’t be late!)
- During a semester you can miss five classes. You have to make up for three of them. Please ask your PE teacher about the make-up possibilities.
- Please make up for your missed classes in short time (two weeks). Don’t postpone it until the final weeks of the semester.
- You can even make up for your classes IN ADVANCE.
- You can only take part in one PE class per day, regardless of whether it’s a regular or a make-up class. At a make-up class, please ask your PE teacher for a written confirmation.
- There aren’t any make-up possibilities in the last two weeks of the semester.
- For the classes held in the sports hall it is recommended to bring a towel to cover the gym mat with, because of health reasons. For the same reasons it is obligatory to use a towel in the gym.
Location: 2-6 Kinizsi Street (University Hostel)
You can buy a gym season pass at the following times and locations:
from 3rd September 2012
Tuesday 09:20 - 11:40
Thursday 09:20 - 11:40
Gym season pass price: HUF 3500/15 sessions, HUF 3000/10 session, HUF 1700/5 sessions
- If you need any information about the gym or the season ticket, please contact department secretary Piroska Szemző, phone nr.: 482-7715
- To complete the form, a valid student card and a passport photo is required (a photocopy is not acceptable)
- It is obligatory to change into gym shoes and use a towel; bags are not allowed.
- A gym session lasts two hours.
- After the workout you have to put back the dumbbells and gym discs.
Opening hours (from 10th September 2012:
- Monday-Friday 15:00 – 24:00 (with a personal trainer from 15.00 to 22.30)
- Saturday-Sunday 10:00 - 20:00 (without a personal trainer)PE classes - locations
Neptun codes and courses.
EGF - body toning workout for boys
EGL - body toning workout for girls
FL - floorball
F - soccer
FT - body slimming exercises
KO - gym workout
K - basketball
KI - kick-box
Ö - boxing
PIL - pilates
R - volleyball
SAE - step aerobic
ST - stretching
TB - thai-box
TJ - body posture improving exercises
TL - badminton
TÚ - hiking (on the weekends)
U - swimming
ZAF - body shaping exercises to music
ZG - gymnastics to music
COURSES WITH EXTRA CHARGE:
AI - aikido
JA - joga
JU - judo
KI - kick-box
KS - Cuban salsa
NT - Hungarian folk dance
TB - thai-box
TTK - ballroom dancing for beginners
TTH - ballroom dancing advanced
TE - tennis
ZU - zumba
PE classes - locations
·Sports Hall in the Secondary School Lónyay (Lónyai Református Gimnázium), 1-7 Kinizsi Street, Budapest 1092 (Distric 9)
How you get there: a five-minutes walk from the university (next to the gym)
google maps: http://goo.gl/maps/OKu2n
Classes held there: aikido, judo
National University of Public Service (former Faculty of Public Administration) , 5 Mányoki út, Budapest 1118 (Distric 11)
How you get there: take the tram nr. 47 or 49 to the station called Bertalan Lajos utca, or walk across the Freedom Bridge (Szabadság-híd) to the Gellért Square (Gellért tér) and take any of the trams to Bertalan Lajos utca. From this station walk up the Mészöly Street (it is called Mészöly utca, but they’re actually stairs). To the left you will find a sign called Uszoda (Swimming hall)
google maps: http://goo.gl/maps/5CR1N
Classes held there: body shaping workout (to music), basketball, swimming, step aerobic
University Hostel Kinizsi, 2-6 Kinizsi Street, Budapest 1192 (two facilities: sports hall and gym)
How you get there: a five-minutes walk from the university
google maps: http://goo.gl/maps/OVnYh
Classes held there:
in the sports hall: basketball, body slimming exercises, floorball, badminton, volleyball
in the gym: gym workout, body slimming exercises
BEAC Sports Centre (BEAC Sporttelep), 10 Bogdánfy Ödön Street, Budapest 1118 (District 11)
How you get there: take the tram nr. 4 or 6 to Petőfi híd, budai hídfő (Petőfi Bridge, Buda side) and walk down the Infopark to the Sport Centre.
google maps: http://goo.gl/maps/pW1d0
Classes held there: soccer (indoors), tennis (extra charge; in the winter indoors)
UNIVERSITY BOX CLUB, 24 Soroksári Street, Budapest 1095 (District 9)
How you get there: take the tram Nr. 4-6 to the Boráros Square (Boráros tér) or Nr. 2 to Haller utca (Haller Street) and then walk down 50-100 metres on Soroksári Street.
google maps: http://goo.gl/maps/oUYM8
Classes held there: boxing, thai-box (extra charge), kick-box (extra charge)
New Building Dance Hall, 4-6. Közraktár Street, Budapest 1192
How you get there: in the new, modern university building, from the main entrance to the left
Classes held there: body toning workout, stretching, gymnastics to music, body posture exercises, ballroom dancing (extra charge), yoga (extra charge), Hungarian folk dance (extra charge), zumba
Last modified: 2012.12.06.