|Május - 2013|
Information on Language Courses at Corvinus University Budapest (Pest Campus)
The Foreign Language Training and Research Centre (FLTRC) of Corvinus University Budapest (CUB) offers quality language and language for specific purposes courses for all students enrolled at CUB. Courses are available in nine languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Hungarian for foreign students. Our language instructors’ extensive teaching experience and consistently high student ratings ensure a successful preparation for our language for Business and Economics exams.
All CUB students are entitled to free language courses. The number of free language courses is dependent upon the number of language exams required for a given degree.
- 1 language examination – two time slots per term for two terms are free of charge
- 2 language examinations – two time slots per terms for four terms are free of charge
- 3 language examinations – two time slots per term for five terms are free of charge.
(slots are 80 minutes long and comprise two contact hours)
Free language courses (two slots per term) are electives, count towards the grade point average and are worth four credits.
In order to raise the effectiveness of language learning and to reduce the time needed to reach the level required for language exams, we recommend taking additional language classes (one or two time slots per week), for which a fee is charged.
In addition to free language courses a range of fee paying courses (0 credit) are offered for those who want to study further languages. The course fees are determined by CUB’s ’Regulations on course fees’ and are currently set at HUF 20.000 per term for courses in English and German. Other languages have a regressive payment scheme:
- one slot per week – HUF 20.000
- two slots per week – HUF 36.000
- three slots per week – HUF 48.000
- four slots per week – HUF 56.000
The following type of elective courses are currently available:
- preparatory courses for the intermediate level Language for Business and Economics exam (2 slots, 2+1 slots, 2+2 slots per week)
- preparatory courses for the advanced level Language for Business ans Economics exam (2 slots, 2+1 slots, 2+2 slots per week)
- preparatory courses for the advanced level general language exams (2 slots, 2+1 slots, 2+2 slots) – course prerequisite: intermediate level language examination
- intorductory courses in the language of Business and Economics (from beginner/false beginner level, 2+2 slot courses)
- Courses focusing on the development of a specific skill are fee paying courses (typically one slot per week)
Only one two-slot language course is free of charge per term.
Students can register for these language courses through the NEPTUN System. Four-slot courses take a maximum of 12-15 students while other courses take an average of twenty students.
There is a nationally accredited Language for Business and Economics Examination Centre at Corvinus University Budapest. For more information on language exams please visit: cszv.uni-corvinus.hu.
Corvinus Language School will launch a wide range of exam preparation and skills development courses in September 2009.
Utolsó frissítés: 2012.11.05.